HiMedia Q5 4K3D Quad Core English Version... A HELPFUL WALKTHROUGH FOR SETUP!
(2015-11-06, 00:00)hdmkv Wrote: Getting off-topic, but just Google "split" and "MKVMerge" or try YouTube. Here's one from about a year ago.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll have that test dolby truehd mkv your way shortly. I'll also take the opportunity to test the file locally, via a thumb drive on my q5.
(2015-11-05, 23:19)hdmkv Wrote: Can you upload a sample; I'll test it. You can use MKVMerge to cut out a 1 minute segment, then post it to MediaFire or similar.

https://wsi.li/mPanLaMTywT6/

Here is a short segment from 'Contact', one of the affected movies. Also one of my all-time favorites, if I might add Wink
Tested... TrueHD working just fine...

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-06, 01:38)hdmkv Wrote: Tested... TrueHD working just fine...

Hmm... I'm guessing you ran the file via a drive connected directly to your Q5. So, it might be a network thing, then.
Either way, I'm having success with Dolby TrueHD ISOs so I guess, for now, that'll be my solution as I would rather
not connect my 12tb drive directly to the Q5.
Nope, ran via my Synology NAS. Something's not right with your AVR and/or Q5 setup as the file itself is fine.
My HT
(2015-11-05, 23:30)efernandejr Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 23:25)hdmkv Wrote: MakeMKV uses MKVMerge to do its thing. You just use MKVMerge to mux/remux MKV's, fix header info., split video in segments, etc.

I hear ya. I downloaded a version of it, "MKVTookNix GUI v8.5.2". Trying to figure out how to cut out a small section of my MKV. Just
not sure how to do it. Let me play around with it.

http://imgur.com/09gQEoC

its like this

MERGE > add source files > chose file > output > do not split change to after output size > size > 350mb > start muxing
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

@hdmkv, I tried responding to your PM, yesterday, but the site wouldn't let me. I checked to see if my account had been activated (it has) so I'm guessing I'm disallowed from PMs for some reason.
People can't pm until they have a minimum number of posts. I can't recall how many, but you should be ok now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-06, 20:39)nickr Wrote: People can't pm until they have a minimum number of posts. I can't recall how many, but you should be ok now.

Oh cool, thank you! Just trying to do one of those 'thank you' things for all the help.
Click on the Reputation # under a member's name, then you can add a rating.
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5 4K3D Quad Core English Version... A HELPFUL WALKTHROUGH FOR SETUP!0