• 4(current)
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
(2015-12-07, 16:41)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 12:59)Guilouz Wrote: There is already gallery view in this mod :

Image Image

Hi Guilouz,

First of all great work on this Mod, loving it so far.

Your current gallery views use Fanart, not the 16:9 thumbs that the Arctic Zephyr Mod used, which like the above users, I preferred. It also had the dark boxes on a light background with no plot (as the thumbs include movie logo) which looked great. Perhaps you could include the old Gallery view as another view option?
Any chance you might be able to include the "Cycle View" that was in Arctic Zephyr into this Mod? I used to use that for TV shows & thought it was great.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Thumbs is used with episodes and fanart with tv shows.

Image Image
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2015-12-08, 13:35)Guilouz Wrote: Thumbs is used with episodes and fanart with tv shows.

Image Image

Hi Guilouz,

The thumbs for the episodes is fine, those are just screen shots at 16:9. The fanart you are using for the TV shows in this mod, used to be what is called Thumbs 16:9 in skins (I think) & is available on Fanart.TV....this is what was used in the old gallery view for movies & TV shows (didn't use it on TV shows so wouldn't swear to that) in your Arctic Zephyr mod. It's bacically fanart but with a clear logo built in, placed in varying areas as shown below.

If you scroll down towards the bottom of the following link, you will see the TV thumbs & also Season thumbs.

Thumbs

This ia what the old gallery view used to look like Big Grin

The following is a list of what Artwork downloader can download & naming conventions:

Movies:

Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)
Wide Banner Icons (banner.jpg)
Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg)

TV Shows:

Poster (poster.jpg)
Season Posters (seasonx.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Characterart (character.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Season Banners (seasonbannerx.jpg)
Season Thumb 16:9 (seasonx-landscape.jpg | seasonall-landscape.jpg)

Of course, what you include is up to you but I just prefered the simple 16:9 thumb in the old gallery view.

Cheers

P.S.If there was no 16:9 thumb available, then the view would revert to using the fanart image instead.
Thanks taurus35 for explaining this in detail w/ the images. Hopefully he adds support for 16:9 movie thumbs just like in Arctic Zephyr mod.
Would like to see a bigger font if possible, something similar to zephyr or mimic. Or at least the option to select large font.

Or is that option available?
(2015-12-08, 14:21)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 13:35)Guilouz Wrote: Thumbs is used with episodes and fanart with tv shows.

Image Image

Hi Guilouz,

The thumbs for the episodes is fine, those are just screen shots at 16:9. The fanart you are using for the TV shows in this mod, used to be what is called Thumbs 16:9 in skins (I think) & is available on Fanart.TV....this is what was used in the old gallery view for movies & TV shows (didn't use it on TV shows so wouldn't swear to that) in your Arctic Zephyr mod. It's bacically fanart but with a clear logo built in, placed in varying areas as shown below.

If you scroll down towards the bottom of the following link, you will see the TV thumbs & also Season thumbs.

Thumbs

This ia what the old gallery view used to look like Big Grin

The following is a list of what Artwork downloader can download & naming conventions:

Movies:

Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)

TV Shows:

Poster (poster.jpg)
Season Posters (seasonx.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Characterart (character.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Season Banners (seasonbannerx.jpg)
Season Thumb 16:9 (seasonx-landscape.jpg | seasonall-landscape.jpg)

Of course, what you include is up to you but I just prefered the simple 16:9 thumb in the old gallery view.

Cheers

P.S.If there was no 16:9 thumb available, then the view would revert to using the fanart image instead.

Not possible. In Eminence the size of the frame is greater and it's not famous. Look :

Estuary MOD V2 
(2015-12-09, 01:09)Guilouz Wrote: Not possible. In Eminence the size of the frame is greater and it's not famous. Look :

Hi Guilouz,

The fanart/background images are the same ratio as the 16:9 thumbs so swill fit in the same area. That's what Arctic Zephyr used to do, if a 16:9 thumb wasn't available then it would just use the fanart/background image. It looks like from your image that you have fitted in a poster image, not a 16:9 thumb.

Cheers
Yes sorry, with landscape it's better. I will try to add choose fanart or landscape setting.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2015-12-09, 02:45)Guilouz Wrote: Yes sorry, with landscape it's better. I will try to add choose fanart or landscape setting.

Hi Guilouz,

Thanks, greatly appreciated. If the option to use 16:9/landscape is selected you will also need to turn off the plot & clear logo over the image as the 16:9 thumb logo can be anywhere on the image. Rather than a setting to choose, perhaps it would be easier to just have an extra view option. Currently they are called Big Wide & Big Wide with Logos, perhaps there can be one called Big Wide 16:9 Thumbs?

Cheers & keep up the great work.
Yes, it was my idea. Remove plot and clearlogo with 16:9 thumbs.

I am hesitating between a new view or a setting in context menu to choose fanarts or 16:9 thumbs.
 Estuary MOD V2 
@Guilouz thanks for your work on the MOD...

... I have previously discussed/requested an additional poster view with Jurialmunkey, ideally I'd like to see 6or7 posters horizontally (much like the artic zephyr poster view)... he was having problems with scale for the view so has not been created

... so I wondered whether you would consider the request/challenge ?
(2015-12-09, 18:13)Guilouz Wrote: Yes, it was my idea. Remove plot and clearlogo with 16:9 thumbs.

I am hesitating between a new view or a setting in context menu to choose fanarts or 16:9 thumbs.

Awesome, whichever is easiest for you Big Grin

Cheers
New Update 1.0.7 :

Add support for cdART Manager NG addon (new version with new fanart.tv API).
Image Image

Add support for Thumbs 16:9 with some views.
Add possibility to hide informations (titles/plots/logos) on some views.
Image Image

New color picker (Credits to braz).
Image Image

Add button to context menu to open video playlist window.
Add button to context menu to go back to music visualisation background.
Add Script Toolbox addon in necessary addons.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Great work Smile
Thanks for this update!
Anyone know why CD art manager has blank menus down the side? you can move uo and down but there is no readable background.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton12