Win Add-on installation failure debug logging
I've got an add-on that I'm trying to install from ZIP file, and Kodi is giving me an error each time I try. (It's my own self-compiled build of the MythTV PVR add-on, but the issue isn't the add-on itself, it's the error messaging.)

In 15.2, I get a pop-up saying "add-on does not have the correct structure".

In 16.0a4, I get a pop-up saying "Failed to install add-on from zip file"

It's entirely possible that the add-on structure actually is wrong in some way. My issue is that there's no information to tell me what's wrong. I've enabled debug logging and looked in the kodi.log file, and this is all I see:

20:24:58 T:1396 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
20:25:00 T:1396 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 2 times.
20:25:00 T:1396 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (FileBrowser.xml) ------
20:25:00 T:1396 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip 'C:\Users\skip\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addon-pvr.mythtv-3.3.8.zip'
20:25:00 T:1396 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
20:25:02 T:1396 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
20:25:02 T:1396 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Users\skip\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
20:25:05 T:1396 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

As you can see, there's no information about what actually failed when I tried to install the add-on. Is there some way I can figure out what might be causing this? Maybe a setting somewhere to turn up the logging level?
3 years later, but I have the same problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on installation failure debug logging0