v15 Slideshow staytime
I have written an addon that reads an FTP fed directory of images, videos. I am using my addon to check for new files in the directory, pick up new media and display via the builtin slideshow command.
Within the media directory I have a config file that contains the required transition period for images.

All works great except I cannot work out how to change the staytime of the slideshow. I have read.. a lot of stuff and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it from the python code.

I am hoping someone will have a suggestion otherwise I will be looking at doing the following:
1. Looking at recompiling Kodi. I am trying to avoid this if I can.
2. Some sort of restart sequence and create a new guisettings.xml or appliance.xml
3. JSON doensn't have anything in it to do with the staytime.

Not sure actually, any help would be appreciated.
As far as I know, the timing of slideshow images has to be set in the skin. There is no way to set it programatically. I tried a couple years back to find a way to have Artist Slideshow allow the user to set the slide time by setting a window variable that would read when the XML file was loaded, but it never worked and I gave up.
Thanks for the help. I suspect you are right, I have tried a lot of different things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow staytime0