MCE remote usage
Question 
I have one of these MS MCE remotes and was just wondering if I can use it in Windows (as a mouse) and Kodi at the same time. Or does Kodi need to be closed so that I can use it in Windows?

Thanks
Quote:wondering if I can use it in Windows (as a mouse) and Kodi at the same time.

Please explain a little further. You can't use that remote as a "pointer" to control your mouse cursor if that's what you are asking.
Using it like a mouse, i.e. moving the cursor and clicking things 9shortcuts, links,etc.).

How?

Thanks
MCE Remote cannot act as a mouse, its not a Kodi issue, none of the software can support this. However Kodi can support MCE remote. It will allow you to navigate thru the options similar to arrow keys in your keyboard, plus special functions like 'info' 'back' 'escape' etc.
If you assign keyboard key 'Tab' to a remote button, you can switch/select menu's, links, button, etcwithin Windows. Activate the item with the 'Ok' button.
Kodi can be closed by pressing the 'S' button (if you've assigned this key to a button on your remote of course).

It works slowly, but it works. I use my IR remote sometimes to close Kodi, open Internet Explorer, and select a Favorite.

It is a lot easier to install one of those 'remote' apps on your smartphone to control your pc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote usage0