[split] Music File View Mode Display of Metadata - keep or remove it
(2015-11-06, 14:16)zag Wrote: I see why its wanted, but its just one of those features that some people have gotten used to so I guess we have to keep it.

Well until there's viable alternative, the need is simple in fact, keep user folder architecture while still allowing tag display. (From feedback a common architecture is : Genre /. Artist / Album (or / Type / Album§Single§Compilation) and this is not easy or possible with library ATM)
This is not a strange or fancy need, this is what any file browser in all more or less recent OS propose.

(2015-11-06, 14:16)zag Wrote: I definitely think we need a solid plan of action for the future on this.

This is so true for many part Wink Having people with different point of view that can block each others PRs is what cripple Kodi Sad
There's many example, reported multiple times, I'm still completely dazed by : [F] add recursive listing to GetDirectory (see Trac #11209) in the TODO list for JSON that was refused for no valid reason, but is still listed as wanted for anyone to come and code that and will have it refused again for the same no reasons.
Maybe you should stop complaining about the PR you did and was shot down. Get a life and get over it. End of story.
Your negativity is what is killing it.

Any off topic rambling will be split off an trashed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You again and your .....

I'm not complaining about the fact the PR was refused this is life (even if well this could be debated), I'm complaining that you are stupid enough to keep the feature in a public TODO list while it will be refused for sure.
So you are allowing someone to again loose time for nothing .....

If you can't understand the big picture about the impact this have on external contributors maybe you should step away from your position.

The only negativity is your multiple aggressive posts all over this forum.

So maybe you should be a little less stupid and push such answer elsewhere because you are not showing anything good for Kodi in all your ... answers.
There's so many case you answered too fast with wrong answers and never assumed any of your mistakes that it's becoming quite ridiculous.

This post will be deleted because well you like to play "I'm the boss shut your mouth". But well at least this is said.

I really loved your post comment like "We know what we are doing" and 2 weeks later : "Oups we are banned from Amazon for no reason", maybe you should get down from your pedestal.
You calling me stupid?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Music File View Mode Display of Metadata - keep or remove it0