Window close issue
i wrote a custom window for browsing/launching mythtv recorded shows. in the onaction method, i call self.close when the user presses the previous menu action button. my dvd remote buttons seem to stick sometimes because every once in a while, it flashes back to the main page and then goes back to my window. this seems to be a timing issue because if i tap the button on the remote carefully, wait a second, and then try to hit it again, it doesn't take me back to my window.

another issue i had was trying to pass an instance of mysql.connection (new module that i wrote) to the constructor for the window. python in xbmc came back with an error that the connection class has no "underscore underscore int underscore underscore" attribute (at first i thought it might be complaining about "underscore underscore init underscore underscore" - forum won't let me put the actual value in msg). the same code using a stub for xbmc and xbmcgui in linux ran fine. this problem might be my lack of python knowledge but i was wondering if anyone else knew what was going on?

fyi, i'll post a link to the mythtv recorded show python module once it has gone through some more testing and once i have the gui settings screen working (i'm waiting for a new xbmc build to use the virtual keyboard and to fix the player freeze on stop problem). if you saw my previous post about python and mythtv, you'll be able to find the latest test code in the same directory. (i don't have my tuner card yet so the test may not work on a real system - i have to rely on a friend's description of how the files are stored.)

once that is done, i'd like to get the mythtv tv schedule viewing working through xbmc. mythtv downloads the tv schedule every day and stores it in the database. so instead of having xbmc download the tv guide as well, i figured it would be nice to use the same database for viewing the tv schedule. darkie, can controls be resized on the fly and can they be added/removed to/from a window on the fly? i'm thinking i'm going to have to do that to display a small portion of the tv guide at a time and to emulate scrolling.
Quote:darkie, can controls be resized on the fly and can they be added/removed to/from a window on the fly?  i'm thinking i'm going to have to do that to display a small portion of the tv guide at a time and to emulate scrolling
yes, that should be possible
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Window close issue0