• 3(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
(2015-11-10, 17:37)rpcameron Wrote: Silicon Dust's DVR is not being done as a Kodi backend. Their client is a video add on, not a PVR add on. They said they plan to open the backend API when it's finished, but they are about 8 weeks behind schedule. (It was supposed to be released in October.) Someone could make a PVR add on using their backend, but presently it's not possible.
I know that their CURRENT addon is just a Python script addon that does not use the PVR API, that is not what this thread or subforum is about (just look at some of my other posts here in this subforum and it should be very clear I know the difference).

What I was trying to get across is that I think that SiliconDusk should be interested in also having an official PVR client addon for Kodi that uses Kodi's PVR API with their HDHomeRun network tuners acting as PVR backend.
(2015-11-11, 09:01)RockerC Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 17:37)rpcameron Wrote: Silicon Dust's DVR is not being done as a Kodi backend. Their client is a video add on, not a PVR add on. They said they plan to open the backend API when it's finished, but they are about 8 weeks behind schedule. (It was supposed to be released in October.) Someone could make a PVR add on using their backend, but presently it's not possible.
I know that their CURRENT addon is just a Python script addon that does not use the PVR API, that is not what this thread or subforum is about (just look at some of my other posts here in this subforum and it should be very clear I know the difference).

What I was trying to get across is that I think that SiliconDusk should be interested in also having an official PVR client addon for Kodi that uses Kodi's PVR API with their HDHomeRun network tuners acting as PVR backend.

No, I fully understood what you meant. However, if you checked out the SD forums, you would see that they seem to be showing no interest whatsoever in making a proper PVR add on for Kodi, and are only pursuing their own video add on. Many (most?) of the Kodi users on the SD forums have indicated that they want to see a proper PVR add on, and most are dissatisfied with SD's guide implementation; however SD still seems to be showing no interest.

If you add to that SD is 2 months behind schedule on their DVR software (it was supposed to be complete and shipping in Oct, but is still missing features), then it becomes easy to see that their video add on is the only avenue they are pursuing for Kodi users, despite their customers' wishes. They have indicated that they plan on publishing the DVR API, but only after it is complete. (And whether complete means feature complete, or when they have finally built all of their clients as well, is open for interpretation.)
I met with them few days ago and I can assure you they have very good reasons why they go with the guide implementation they now have. If you agree or not and rather see the stupid grid layout doesn't matter.
They have to avoid patent lawsuits by other companies so are not stepping on any toes.
I like the guide quite a lot and we also saw some more stuff that's not public yet and can't share any info about.
As always software development can be delayed by anything and I rather have delayed pvr backend than a semi working. That they rather invest in the Python addon than a Kodi pvr could simply be because of resources they have to assign but you better ask them about that since I don't know.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(deleted)
(2015-11-11, 09:01)RockerC Wrote: What I was trying to get across is that I think that SiliconDusk should be interested in also having an official PVR client addon for Kodi that uses Kodi's PVR API with their HDHomeRun network tuners acting as PVR backend.

Why worry about whether or not someone at SiliconDust is going to provide this when you already have @zcsizmadia doing an awesome job implementing this? Since there is NO API yet for the DVR component - I would imagine that as soon as it is available with SD's wider release of the DVR platform that this capability will be added to complete a PVR solution for Kodi.

@zcsizmadia has laid some awesome ground work - looks great so far! Keep it up!
(2015-11-11, 20:51)Martijn Wrote: That they rather invest in the Python addon than a Kodi pvr could simply be because of resources they have to assign but you better ask them about that since I don't know.
So you cannot confirm that SiliconDust have no plans to develop a native PVR client addon using Kodi's PVR API?

I think having options is great, so having a native PVR client addon and seperate a Python addon would be good.

Might be worth a resource to SiliconDust to experiment with both to gain experince about learn what users like.

(2015-11-12, 00:37)mellomade Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 09:01)RockerC Wrote: What I was trying to get across is that I think that SiliconDusk should be interested in also having an official PVR client addon for Kodi that uses Kodi's PVR API with their HDHomeRun network tuners acting as PVR backend.
Why worry about whether or not someone at SiliconDust is going to provide this when you already have @zcsizmadia doing an awesome job implementing this? Since there is NO API yet for the DVR component - I would imagine that as soon as it is available with SD's wider release of the DVR platform that this capability will be added to complete a PVR solution for Kodi.
Because independent addons have a tendency to have infrequest maintenence or worse get abandond once the original developer losses interest or something more important take precedens.

Don't get me wrong, I think zcsizmadia is doing a super job, and I stongly believe that doing the addon as open source in the public on GitHub is best, but tink that an addon like this could do even better if SiliconDust as a company took resposibility of driving the development by promoting the addon as well as officially spported.

Even so, I still thik that the development should always be kept as open source in the public on GitHub and that the main work could still be done by independent developers via forks and pull requests.

(2015-11-11, 21:43)TVJunkie198 Wrote: saw this thread linked from SDs forum,
just FYI if interested in checking it out,
I made a modified version of their Live TV Kodi video addon (prior to their DVR integration).

TVJunkieMOD
(see all mod details here: https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewto...88&t=19162)
That is propably off-topic here in the PVR subforum which is only for discussing native PVR client addon, and as such your post can even be considered threadjacking since its your first post and it only contain a link to your own off-topic work on a other site, beside it being related to both Kodi and HDHomeRun. Though I hope it was not meant as such and you really just meant to point out that zcsizmadia can borrow ideas about additional features and functions from your implementations and the API calls your addon make.
(2015-11-09, 07:09)zcsizmadia Wrote: It builds now in linux and windows. Android build should be working as well, unfortunately I do not have Android build environment.

How would I compile this for Android? Can anyone assist with this? Would love to try this out on Android as well....
compatible with original white hdhomerun ?
(2015-11-12, 09:22)RockerC Wrote: That is propably off-topic here in the PVR subforum which is only for discussing native PVR client addon, and as such your post can even be considered threadjacking since its your first post and it only contain a link to your own off-topic work on a other site, beside it being related to both Kodi and HDHomeRun. Though I hope it was not meant as such and you really just meant to point out that zcsizmadia can borrow ideas about additional features and functions from your implementations and the API calls your addon make.

sorry, was first visit here. didn't look around the forum. I deleted the info/post. I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. I only shared the info for sake of related interest.
Nevermind- I missed the part where the recording part was not functional as of yet. Still, it's pretty impressive. I like the fact it's simple to use.

I appreciate the fact that TVJunkie posted here, as I just got my Connect today, and I wouldn't have known about his mod unless I had seen his post. Hopefully this add-on can take on some of the ideas of his mod, which is pretty impressive.

FYI: Your native add-on doesn't have the deinterlace video bug that the Homerun add-on does.
One problem I noticed with OE 6.0 - whenever I reboot my OE machine the TV menu options are missing. I have to go back into Settings and deselect/reselect Enabled for them to be displayed again.
(2015-11-13, 22:47)mellomade Wrote: One problem I noticed with OE 6.0 - whenever I reboot my OE machine the TV menu options are missing. I have to go back into Settings and deselect/reselect Enabled for them to be displayed again.

I have some bugs with my Guide which might cause that issue. I am working on that to fix this, probably will release a new version this weekend. Hopefully will fix your issue as well Smile
to zcsizmadia, if you haven't yet, maybe send Nickk a message (in SD forums) regarding this project to get the OK to use the guide data. See SDs guide usage rules here: https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewto...88&t=19230
It would be nice to know if a show was new or not.
(2015-11-14, 08:50)Wagg Wrote: It would be nice to know if a show was new or not.
Added to v1.0.3

If it is a new show, an asterisk (*) added in front of the title.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3