Control Openelec 6 with Wiimote on RPI2...
Ok I want to control my RPI2 with a Wiimote. I have gone into Openelec Settings, paired the Wiimote and it connects. Then it does nothing. I have read various how tos on the internet and none of them work, most of them refer to an addon that doesn't exist any more. Any suggestions as where to begin.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
How did you sync/pair it with the RPi? This comment suggest there are two ways, one works the other doesn't - which did you use?

There's a default joystick keymap (/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/joystick.WiiRemote.xml) which I presume it should use once it is correctly connected and recognised.

If nothing else works, upload your dmesg, debug log (wiki), and the output of "echo -e "show\npaired-devices\nquit" | bluetoothctl | pastebinit" after pairing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-07, 13:44)Milhouse Wrote: How did you sync/pair it with the RPi?

I opened the Bluetooth section of the Openelec Setting Addon and pressed the 1+2 buttons on the Wiimote, then it appeared in the list. So I opened the context menu and clicked Trust & Connect. If I just clicked Connect it asked for the PIN from the device, which of course a Wiimote can't provide. A little pop up then appears telling me that the Wiimote is connected and then showed as connected in the Bluetooth settings box. Also the blue indicator on the Wiimote was flashing to suggest it was connected. When I disconnected the Wiimote the light promptly went out.
Try the other way.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-07, 15:56)Milhouse Wrote: Try the other way.

Yep, I'm on that. Thanks for your help. I'll post back when I have tried it.
Ok, I tried the other way and it paired automatically but now throws out an error message "Bluetooth Operation Not Permitted", even though it appears to be connected. So I will try again and post up a debug log and the other outputs requested.
I am wanting to try the same exact thing on my RPi2 with OpenELEC6. Where you ever able to get it to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Openelec 6 with Wiimote on RPI2...0