new laptop wants to install everytime
I just got a new laptop with windows 10. I have been without a computer for almost a year. I usually use kodi on a tablet and get all my info from youtube.
When I installed the new Kodi yesterday it opened up fine. I closed it out and went out reopen it. It went to the install wizard and uninstalled and reinstalled. every time I attempt to open kodi I get the same thing. How do I fix this so it works like a normal program?
Comletely remove the current installation, download your version from here and reinstall. Don't install things like wizards. You will be fine ;-)
That sounds to me like you are clicking on the icon for the installer each time instead of the KODI application icon.

Run the installer again.

At the last page of the installer let it launch KODI.

Now look on your Win10 taskbar for the KODI icon.

RIGHT CLICK the icon on the taskbar to open the menu.

Select PIN TO TASKBAR.

Now when you exit KODI the icon to restart it will be on the taskbar ready.

I am assuming you got your KODI installer from the download link on this page. Some of the stuff on YouTube is beyond dubious
Thanks guys! I got it working. I now need to find the best addons
(2015-11-08, 06:52)bgrand281 Wrote: Thanks guys! I got it working. I now need to find the best addons

All the best add-ons are in the official Kodi repository or being discussed in the add-on subforums. Enjoy Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new laptop wants to install everytime0