• 9(current)
Bug Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI
Doesn't work for me unfortunately Sad System wide 25 fps lock.

Debug log - http://pastebin.com/1ug0rJ7H

Xorg.0.log - http://pastebin.com/GPHBB6Px

Thanks for the feedback - I forwarded it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any news on this @fritsch?

Btw.... I've found something quite interesting. I just installed Aeon Nox 5 Silvo, and I couldnt help but notice how smooth the main menu was when playing 1080i and 576i live tv. I then checked the fps counter and there it was 50fps exactly as I thought. Mind you, the settings windows still drop to 25fps when 576i is playing. Strange how this skin achieves 50fps on the main menu, when Confluence etc (even stock Aeon Nox 5) drop to 25.

Maybe this is something to do with the way Kodi 15/16 renderes on Intel hardware specific to Linux and not the Intel driver itself?

It doesn't make any sense why one skin would acheive 50 fps, and other skins only 25 fps. I do not understand how SD live tv being played with confluence the fps drops to 25, but with this Silvo skin I can play HD and maintain 50fps.

Below are two screenshots, both have all the same settings, same tv SD 576i tv channel playing, the only difference is the version of skin. This doesn't explain why the settings windows ect drop to 25, but as you can see Silvo maintains 50fps on the home menu.

Aeon Nox 5 - 25fps

Aeon Nox Silvo - 50fps

Intel driver issue....?

Edit:: Nevermind - I've just watched a few other SD channels and they drop to 25fps even with this Silvo skin.
Hi

Had this issue since isengard update on my rpi2 using osmc. 14.2 worked with no issues as earlier noted.

Ive set my system output to 60fps and gui updates set to unlimited.

When a video is playing i get the following fps:

Like big aero mentioned 25fps browsing the main menu. When i go into settings menu it goes up to 35-40fps

Now strangely enough if i click into any of the settings options (appearance,video,tv) etc i get the full 60fps

Must be only linux issue as tested on windows machine. Full 60fps through all menus.

Thanks for looking into this.
We stopped looking into this. As it's an intel (!) driver issue and has certainly nothing to do with a raspberry Pi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, fritsch.

I've partially sorted this issue out on my system. I rolled back the Intel driver and Xorg-server. FPS is now back to normal be gone the 25fps issue. The only problem is, my mouse, keyboard and remote do not work with this build.

I've tested with evtest and that program shows my devices are working, since it recieves signal when I press buttons, it's just Kodi nothing happens on-screen.

I even went as far as compiling from scratch for the 2nd time tonight ( 10 hours total ) Sad

Would you know how to resolve this? Have I missed soemthing prior to building?

Your advice would be greatly appriciated.
No idea - the way to go is filing a bug on freedesktop.org. Regression since: "commit 1" and "commit 2" everything else is just a workaround that will lead to nothing.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI0