• 2(current)
Bug Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI
yea ops lol
(2015-11-11, 20:24)Big Aero Wrote: Here we go.. this is with deinterlacing method set to vaapi motion adaptive and lanczos3. Starting on a SD channel, then backing out the main menu, then the settings menu, then back to fullscreen.

http://pastebin.com/AQ0jk0d8

only full debug logs are allowed on this forum
Could you test with those builds?
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...r_testing/
I've provided the full debug log on post #11? The second pastebin link is a snippet of when I change to a SD channel & open the menu like you asked? Huh

Sure, I can try. I won't be able to tonight though. I will report back once I've tested that build.
Yeah - use: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...r_testing/ instead - that code won't sadly land in v16 - so I changed the folder.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch, I think I tried to compile one of your new builds the other day (or was it milhouses, can't remember...) since I'm fed up with this GUI problem on OE 6. The only difference was, I tried enabling pulse audio in order to sync my bluetooth speakers and unfortunatley the build failed - I'm pretty sure it wasn't related to enabling PA though.

I will give the above build a test hopefully sometime tomorrow evening.

Thanks guys
I haven't yet tested fritsch's build, but I have discovered where this issue is occuring on OE6 - It seems to be a mix of detinerlacing method and video scaling method, it also depends on HD and SD channels (as it's a different outcome between the two). The moment I enable lanczos3 optimized or infact anything other than bilinear, the GUI will drop to 25fps.
Yeah - as said. OE 6.0 is obsolete and nobody really knows what is in there ... Test the version we asked you to test or please continue in the OpenELEC forum. Also pulseaudio is of no interest in that regard at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch, just to confirm, this issue is also present on your Jarvis builds. I've also compiled my own images with Kodi 16 beta 1 & 2, and again the issue is still there. I even went as far as installing Openelec on my main PC with Nvidia GPU and the issue doesn't seem to exist. So this must be related to Intel on board graphic - perhaps something to do with v sync (sync frames what ever you want to call it)
(2015-11-11, 11:02)Hitcher Wrote: Isn't that simply because you've got 'Adjust display refresh rate' set to 'On start/stop' instead of 'Always'?

which is the best settings and why ?
On start/stop switches the GUI back to the default (50/60Hz) so it's not laggy.
@Hitcher, as I've explained previously, it doesn't make a difference if I have that set to start/stop, always or off - Regardless to taat setting the GUI will drop to 25fps when SD live tv is playing. The only way to stop this happening is to use bilinear. This wasn't the case on Openelec 5 Kodi 14 - I could use Lanczos3 optimised and the GUI would stay at 50fps whilst live tv is playing. The difference between 25 & 50 fps is very noticable , and it seems like a downgrade if I'm being honest, since it ffeels like a powerful HTPC is being held back.
I was answering Roby77. Wink
thank you Hitcher Wink
To summarize on this issue:

- Hardware: Intel G3258, 4gb ram, SSD

- Skin - Confluence

- Settings used: Resolution 1920x1080p, Refresh rate - 50.00, VSync - Let driver choose, HQ scalers above 20%, all VAAPI stuff enabled, VDPAU - off, Deinterlacing - auto, Deinterlace method - VAAPI motion compensated, Video scaling method - Lanczos3 optimised, Adjust refresh rate - on start/stop. I've tried different variations of all the above settings, the issue takes place when you enable anything other than bilinear scaling method.

- All system settings, tv guide, video library etc are pinned at 25fps when SD live tv is playing.

- When SD TV is playing the main menu is a mix of 50 and 25 fps, depending on whether you have recently added movie/tv show widgets displayed (as you do on confluence), if you do the GUI drops to 25 fps when you hover scroll through them. Tbh, the main menu has a mind of it's own it changes between what I just mentioned with the widgets or it will be constant 25 fps.

- Music visualizations: The GUI again drops to 25 fps when ProjectM is displayed at maximum settings.

This issue has only become apparent since the Openelec versions from Kodi 15 beta's through to Kodi 16 beta's - Kodi 14 on the Openelec platform was completely smooth at 50fps throughout the GUI.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI0