• 4(current)
Bug Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI
The only theory I have is:

Render gets late - player says: skip deinterlacing -> 25 fps? ... Is this 576 interlaced content? And only happens with 576i? But 720p50 is fine?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
576i the gui drops to 25fps throughout Kodi. With HD it's different, I'm not sure if there's two HD resolutions over here that the broadcasters use, be it 720p or 1080i, but some HD channels the main menu GUI will drop to roughly 38fps, other HD channels remain at 50, BUT all settings windows (including when ProjectM is playing), library etc drop to 25fps regardless to what channel is playing.

As I've said on previous posts, it's a different story when I enable bilinear rather than lanczcos3 - and improves massively when I disable Vsync.
Line 1559 on my Debug log: DEBUG: CFFmpegPostproc::Init - skip deinterlacing

Does that mean anything to you? Seems to pop up quite a lot looking at that log.
(2015-11-25, 22:39)fritsch Wrote: No ... not really. The report absolutely makes no sense - it is not possible to watch 720p50 when only rendered at 25 fps - you would see tons (!) I mean hundred of skips ... if there are no skips - a whole lot of skips - the fps you think that displays your fps - is not displaying what you think it does.

But that I have told since months now: the fps value is not (!) what you think it is ...

Now that you mention this skip, I've checked the same screen which you posted, and on my system guess what? hundreds of skips within a few seconds of playback after opening any part of the GUI which I said was being rendered at 25fps Wink
Btw, this is on Openelec Kodi 16 beta 2
could you please test without tv headend?
Here is a sample: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...samples.ts recorded 576i50

Quote:Line 1559 on my Debug log: DEBUG: CFFmpegPostproc::Init - skip deinterlacing

Does that mean anything to you? Seems to pop up quite a lot looking at that log.

Yeah - that's what I meant. But this also clearly shows - that you don't use (!) the settings we want you to use. Prefer VAAPI Render Method: Enable. Deinterlacing: Auto Deinterlacing-Method: VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@FernetMentaSure, I can test with VDR but the outcome is the same - remember it does this with music visualisations aswel.

@fritsch, what exactly do you want me to do? All my settings have not changed since testing, everything you describe is always enabled on my system including last night where I show you that skip screenshot.

First: Use Confluence
Second: The log snippet you sent yesterday tells that ffmpeg post processing was enabled and VAAPI Render is disabled
So: I want a logfile playing the sample I linked with all the correct settings, confluence running. You area also invited to make a screenshot and check the issue with this sample.
I will test your sample now fritsch.
Okay, for the sake of weeding out any possible errors - this is a fresh installation of official Openelec 6.0 on one of my test SSD's.

http://pastebin.com/eTaP31tV

Skips displays after navigating the menus whilst video is playing:
Openelec 5.0 - This issue does not exist.

http://pastebin.com/zGujSB5M

Fritsch's Video testing Openelec 6 - Kodi 16 beta 3 - Issue is still there.

http://pastebin.com/eVKEGdiL

Just tested Milhouses latest build - #1125, 25-Nov-2015: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy -- Release post (Kodi 16.0 beta3; latest VideoPlayer updates with audio re-work)

Issue is there also.

I've tried compiling Openelec 5 - Kodi 15 or 16 / Openelec 6 - Kodi 14 but I end up with errors when building (as expected) - stuff like that is way out of my league.
Are you able to compile Kodi on Linux?
I can provide whatever patch in a build - that is needed - I just build up my old Celeron 1007U and I can reproduce (!) - nice isn't it. Only happen with interlaced content. I think I know what happens - will log it out one moment please.
Btw. I am running on Ubuntu as before.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec 6 - 25fps laggy GUI0