kodi client stops playback when near live tv
Not sure if this is a problem with the nextpvr addin but when I'm watching a show that is still recording and my playback gets "near" live tv (within 5-10 min) the playback will very often simply quit and dump me back at the recordings screen.

Was watching football today and had to restart one of the games 5 times because it kept quitting.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes me too.
I think we both should try to get a Log of this exact behaviour. This helps the people here to narrow it down if it is a problem
on the Kodi-side or on the Nextpvr side.
I agree. not sure how to capture the relevant log. I've been meaning to try mediaportal to see if the problem is with the nextpvr add-on or with kodi itself.
This is a known issue with Kodi. When playing http streams (like the recordings coming from NextPVR, and other PVR addons), it will only play up to the point the duration was when playback started. Hopefully the Kodi developers will fix in the future.
Thanks for the feedback sub. Hopefully Jarvis will fix this.
Hopefully. It's been a problem for a few years now.
well, when SD comes through with the updated hd homerun view app then I'll switch to that and leave Kodi behind
I'm new, as well, and just discovered this today. I've found out, at least, that if you record and watch in NPVR itself, it catches up to live TV appropriately. Since I'm usually at church when the Super Bowl starts, this is how I've been able to start the game from the beginning and catch up to the live feed for the last several years. I've done it through WMC up until now, but recently upgraded to Windows 10 and setup NPVR and Kodi as a replacement.
Yep, you can watch it in NextPVR itself to get the behaviour you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi client stops playback when near live tv0