Get cover of playing album? Impossible?!
Hi,

Question:How to set an image "texture"-source dynamically to musicplayer.cover?

Edit 2 (well.. not at all solved actually). $INFO[Player.art(thumb)] only returns an image
- IF it is stored on the HDD.
- NOT if it was a download from fanart,
- NOT if it was included in the FLAC.

Seriously! How the erffing speck do I get the blawdy album cover?! This.. piece of... Hoops and loops and bumps and rabbit holes all.. effin.. over!? Sad

Edit (solved): $INFO[Player.art(thumb)] works fine and gets the cover, but $INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover] does not - well for something it does. Fixing this was (also) an annoying waste of time..

Org. post:

$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover] is really messing with me Smile

I need it to be stored in a property, but passing it to a property does not work (The property AlbumCoverPath remains empty):
Code:
<onclick>SetProperty(AlbumCoverPath, $INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover], home)</onclick>

Show in a label (included in MyMusicNav!), does not work (label remains empty):
Code:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</label>
<label>$ESCINFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</label>

Passing only the "internals" of the info label, (double $INFO) does not work:
Code:
..set AlbumCoverPath to MusicPlayer.Cover..
$INFO[$INFO[Window(Home).Property(AlbumCoverPath)]]
EDIT: Does not work on all albums.. Using the cover directly in a texture works!:
Code:
<texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>

EDIT: Does not work on all albums.. Transfer the cover of the playing album to an include and using it as texture in an image works:
Code:
<param name="cover">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</param>

Set property to.. some other path.. works:
Code:
<onclick>SetProperty(AlbumCoverPath,$INFO[listitem.icon],home)</onclick>

I'll look some more, and update if need be.
Seen In Jarvis from ~30/10.
And not a single f#ck was given..
Are you trying to get the playing album cover from items already scanned to your library? Or are you talking about files mode?
Good question. Thanks.

I am playing songs from an album from the library.
The songs list being filled by a content tag like db/albums/dbid. The target set to music and no custom onclick.

I am however in the process of breaking all the chains and will soon be running entirely on dynamically filled lists from plugins, and playing items from python also. This gives me a few more options compared to using the built-in autohandlers in panels and amongst those is a way to pass the album cover of choice as the icon in the player/playæist.

Whilst rambling Id like to add that the best thing about moving to python, compared to letting Kodi handle all the stuff, is a higher degree of transparency! At least the whole navigation system can be circumvented and customized - to run in a single window even.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get cover of playing album? Impossible?!0