Record all new episodes actually recording all episodes
Using Kodi 15.2, mythtv pvr client 2.7.4 on an Amazon fire tv box. I just upgraded my backend pc and am in the process of setting up my shows to record. I used to use mythweb to do all this but thought I might give the pvr add-in a try. I go to guide, hit record on the show, click client actions, record all new episodes and it marks all episodes to record and not just new ones.

On some series it works properly but not all.

When I go into mythweb I can look at the show info and for some reason the schedule says to record at any time any channel and new episode is checked.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Edit: It appears not all reruns are being marked as reruns. This is strange because it will show original air date as a date but is still not marked. So the problem must be with how the shows are marked as reruns.
When I select "Record all new episodes (this channel)" from Kodi, MythTV also records reruns. This is because the default filter MythTV only marks a filter for "First showing", which according to MythTV is the first time it sees that episode. To filter out previous episodes, I find I have to manually modify my recording rules to also include a filter for "New episode".

I don't know why pvr.mythtv doesn't have an option to create a recording rule that sets the "New episode" filter, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record all new episodes actually recording all episodes0