Would you recommend Kodi for the less "tech savy" users and cut the cord?
I'm working on my "Cut the Cord" plan. I have amazon prime, planning on subbing to NetFlix and Maybe SlingTV. Using Media Browser as the back end.

I have Kodi on one of my HTPC but hardly use it. I find the default interface is not very intuitive. Are there ways to make Kodi easy to use for Wife and Nanny who aren't very tech savy?

Perhaps a movie/audio only interface?
you can create restricted profiles that only have access to the parts you define, so f.e. only to the movie, tv-shows and music section. You can also change the look and feel of the user interface via "skins", which you can install from our add-on manager.
I personally recommend checking out Aeon MQ6 skin. That's my preference but almost all of the skins have deep/rich customizations! I'm creating a less tech savy mod of MQ6 and should be releasing it here within the month.
There are so many customizations i believe virtially anything is possible.
Thanks, I'll check those skins out.

I spent the last 2 hours trying to get Amazon Prime and Huluplus to work with Kodi, tried Helix, didn't work so I upgraded to Isengard no go either. I've had Kodi since XBMC days but everytime I go use the app, my lots of my plugins no longer work and what not.... is this pretty much the norm for Kodi?

At the moment, my goal is to get rid of WMC and cancel Comcast TV, switch to Kodi, have a very simple interface that display Amazon Prime, Emby and Huluplus. I just sub to Hulu plus and it seems to offer most of what I watch. Netflix is TBD down the road.
(2015-11-10, 01:33)dannieboiz Wrote: Thanks, I'll check those skins out.

I spent the last 2 hours trying to get Amazon Prime and Huluplus to work with Kodi, tried Helix, didn't work so I upgraded to Isengard no go either. I've had Kodi since XBMC days but everytime I go use the app, my lots of my plugins no longer work and what not.... is this pretty much the norm for Kodi?

To be completely honest with you, this still happens. And if you have a wife and a nanny that rely on a failsafe easy setup, kodi is very sadly not what I'd recommend.

Go for an amazon fire tv or an apple tv if ease of use for amazon prime, hulu and netflix is what you want. Install kodi on the fire tv for playback of local files and you're good to go. It's what I setup for my parents and they're happy.
agreed, having no official add-ons from content providers and only having the possibility to hack something together that works until they change something on a website will by design break add-ons every now and then.
a bit dated but this is the basic premise http://mymediaexperience.com/integrate-n...into-xbmc/

also check out @Lunatixz addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233136

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would you recommend Kodi for the less "tech savy" users and cut the cord?0