Solved Unable to delete a folder
Hello all,

I got 2 folders than I can't delete.
I just try "rm -rf myfolder" and on the first folder I got not error but the folder is not deleted, and on the second folder, it says "Directory is not empty"

Can someone help me!!

Merci
Lets have a bit more info please? Which two folders are you trying to delete?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-11-10, 23:00)speedwell68 Wrote: Lets have a bit more info please? Which two folders are you trying to delete?

Well both,
I got you 2 screens of my problems.

- The "directory is not empty"

- The untracked error

Thanks ofr your help!
corrupt filesystem?
Certainly.
Is there any way to check/repair files?
fsck to repair - but you need to check on pre-conditions (eg need to unmount it)
The second error might be un-escaped special characters in the filename (spaces and backslash)
Derek
The output of dmesg might confirm filesystem problems.

If the OP doesn't have a Linux system and can't boot Linux from a LiveCD or VM, then adding "debugging break=all" to the end of the line in cmdline.txt on the SD card would drop the user into a debug shell when the Pi boots, where they could then try to fsck the /storage partition (whatever their disk= partition is, usually /dev/mmcblk0p2).

I would strongly suggest making a backup before running fsck so that as a last resort the device can be reformatted and the data restored from the backup.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You're scaring me!!
I don't wanna loose everything...

I tried mdesg but I don't see anything weird :

Mod Edit: Log spam removed
Please put your log on paste site and remove it from the thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-14, 00:37)nickr Wrote: Please put your log on paste site and remove it from the thread.

Sorry,
Here are my logs : http://jpst.it/D7cS
Just realised from your screenshot that the directory you're having problems with is a mounted USB drive, /var/media/verbatimHD.

Your dmesg looks clean, so no obvious SD card/filesystem issues, but it doesn't look like you've mounted the "verbatimHD" drive so I can't tell if that's OK or not.

Can you access the verbatimHD in Windows? Or just umount the drive and fix from within OpenELEC - there's no need to mess around with debug shells as the problem isn't with your /storage partition.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry, my bad, it's on an USB drive, and yes I can access it on my windows, but I can't delete any of the folders from the graphic interface.

If I unmount my drive, how will I access it?
What filesystem has been used to format verbatimHD? If it's a Windows-compatible filesystem, what happens when you plug the drive into your Windows PC?

If you can see the files in Windows, but can't delete the directory using Windows, then either the filesystem is corrupt (in which case Windows should warn about this and offer to fix the drive when mounting) or the USB drive is physically damaged (eg. locked in read-only mode if it's a flash-drive) and the drive is silently ignoring attempts to update the filesystem - try creating a new file, eject the drive, reinsert the drive and see if the newly created file is still there.
yeah!!!
Why didn't I think of that??!!! Je suis con!

I plugged it on windows and repaired it, after that I could delete both of my folders

Merci beaucoup Milhouse

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to delete a folder0