PCTV 461e C-BAND issues
Hi I'm running a quad core AMD APU system KAbini using the APU gfx , vdpau enabled

THe motherboard is MSI AM1. My hardware is pretty typical I would think of a kodi build

I have a DVB-t Avermedia volar hd green usb stick in it which runs perfecto with all dvb software.all distros of linux dvb drivers

Then I have this pctv 461e dvb-s2 USB adapter. which was a pretty high end expensive to buy from europe adapter supposed to deliver all the bells and whistles

Now it's plugged into a C-BAND LNB 3 meter mesh dish already setup (before on proper satellite STB - Amiko alien 2) and fine tuned and runs all mux's (HD) flawlessly on most TP's I get 75+ percent

SO FAR, In every version of linux and windows, using all forms of dvb software scanners and decoders the HD channels on this adapter and driver SEVERALY underperform and barely operate.

I have Channels that come through well and then experience dots and continuity errors and then I have other HD channels that barely even recieve a picture , massively green screen with scattered dots and lines.

What is wrong with this driver ? Does another seperate one need to be created ? its this one here http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pi...ick_(461e)
that's supposed to be strongly supported in linux kernels after 3.14

I have read so much stuff about these usb reciever's and there is problems going back to 2013 associated with green screens, especially on HD channels. why no fix yet ? they've been around for a while

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PCTV 461e C-BAND issues0