PVR sleep and Wake Help!!
Hi all,

I have kodi 15.2 running on Windows 7 professional.
Everything is working fine but I have a small problem.

I use kodi for recording and watching live tv shows, however when I program a timer for a show,
And this show begins when I'm away from home (so my machine is suspended) it does not power up to start this recording. Also when an recording is started, the system is not powered of (when no other activity).

I use DVBlink server as my backend and a Digital Devices Tuner.

Could someone explains how I can accomplish the real PVR feal.

Regards Jordy
Kodi does not record anything, the backend ( in your/our case, dvblink) does.
The best place to post your issue is in the dvblink forum (have you seen the dvblink dedicated part here?).

I have seen the issue before and i believe it had something to do with windows not seeing dvblink service as a priority process. Cant remember exactly, but this has been answered @dvblink forum. Sry csnt find exact link right now
Hi Atreyu,

Your reaction of:

Quote:I have seen the issue before and i believe it had something to do with windows not seeing dvblink service as a priority process.

Got me thinking.

What I have done is as follows.
In windows press cntr+alt+del key combination, select task manager. In this task manager go to the tab processes and select show all processes (in the lower left corner). When you have this view search for the dvblink_server.exe*32 (I think) process and right-click then go to change priority and set this to realtime.
Then go back and select "Set affinity" uncheck (if your system uses multiple cores) on of the cores, so that one core cannot be used by that process.

This prevents the system from getting tanked by dvblink_server.exe.

Then go to the process of kodi.exe and set this priority to higher then normal (Ore something similar). I don't know if this contributes to the solution, I should test this!

After this is all done I restarted the system and selected a tv show that I needed to record. When this was done I suspended the system via the remote.
Then did some other stuff and got back to the system that still was suspended, so started Kodi again via remote and searched for recordings and there it was, It had recorded my tv show.

Is still need to test this a couple of times but it looks promising.

I hop you all can understand my English Confused

Best Regards,

Jordy K.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR sleep and Wake Help!!0