Kodi 15.2 not seen on windows network
hi everyone,

after latest update, raspberry pi's kodi is not seen on my desktop's windows network.
i was able to see Kodi in the network folder as a computer before this update (15.0 or before versions), but now it disappeared.

i can see my Kodi's "windows media icon" and "streaming icon" in network folder.
i can ping my Kodi, and also, i can watch videos from windows media player.
But i can not see them as a folder,

is there anything wrong or changed with the latest version?
Check your 'Network' settings in Kodi ... perhaps they have been reset back to defaults when you updated.
i formatted micro sd card and did clean install many times, but still the same. and also i havent changed anything on my desktop.
any guess?
bump
In the address bar at the top of the window, if you type in "\\ip.address.of.rPi\" (without quotes) do the shared folders show up? My win7 machine does occasionally loose my other Samba connected machines in the Network section, but can still see them if I type in the IP addresses. Sometimes a restart of either the Win7 machine or the gadget not showing up brings it back up. I've just mapped the IP addresses as Network Drives to avoid the trouble (when you can see the shared folders, right click and select Map As Network Drive). The other linux based machines never have trouble seeing each other.
"404 not found"

but i can see movies, and watch movies with media player.
so i guess there is something wrong with the samba server, or properties.

any guess?
404 not found means you're trying to access a web page. In windows explorer (not internet explorer) type what was suggested.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
guys thank you very much, in network folder i did what lovemachine said, and it worked!
cheers! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 not seen on windows network0