Windows 7, Kodi and VPN ???
Does anyone else have this problem? I am using windows 7 with a vpn called PIA and can't watch Kodi with the vpn turned on. I keep getting the dreaded blue screen. Has anyone get a suggestion on how to fix this problem?
What are you trying to watch and where is stored?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I use Kodi on Windows 7 with PIA VPN active and encounter no problems viewing local video files or any of the plug-ins from the official Kodi repository.
I still am having problems with Kodi and using PIA vpn turned on. I keep getting the dreaded blue screen. Below is some of the material on the blue screen:

A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer . If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable any memory BIOS options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and select safe mode.

Technical Information: then there were a bunch of numbers and letters.

collecting data for crash dump:...
initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory...
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100

Does any of this information help? I am stumped right now. Thanks to anyone that can help. Don't forget that I am running Windows 7.
(2015-11-10, 21:02)nickr Wrote: What are you trying to watch and where is stored?

I can't seem to watch anything with my PIA vpn turned on. I like to watch lots of movies and some tv as well.
You probably have to reinstall the tap driver. Remove PIA completely, download the current win VPN client, and run as admistrator.

As a second notion, once you get that fixed, you may want to use PIA proxy in kodi. Unless of course you are trying to avoid geoblock.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Is PIA vpn the only one that has this problem? If there are others, please let me know. Ok, I ran my vpn as administrator and it works for now but when I click on what country my vpn is connected to, it only says "connected null" and does not give me an option to pick a country. What does null mean and can I not change countries?
Ok, you will probably have to contact PIA support. They are actually really good, and have 24/7 online chat.

Are your ports set correctly? Check these other common problems: https://support.privateinternetaccess.co...arArticles

there are too many variables here and to be honest- not a kodi issue if you can't get the PIA client to work.

Another option would be to setup open vpn, and not use the PIA client. Bit I would resolve the client first.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7, Kodi and VPN ???0