DIY Kodibuntu 15.10 for Intel GPU
got the Lubuntu DIY setup working fine, bit a a noob question, when coming out of playing a file, I see the lubuntu desktop for a split second, is their anyway of disabling the desktop while kodi is running.

many thanks in advance

Andy
use the kodi standlone session instead of the lubuntu desktop
(2016-01-05, 08:58)wsnipex Wrote: use the kodi standlone session instead of the lubuntu desktop

yes i figured out what I was doing different from when using the normal version of kodibuntu.

logged out of lubuntu and into kodi....

Such a dumb arse... Oo

Sorry to bother you wsnipex... thanks for the reply
@Fritsch: Great guide, works like a charm on a skylake build!

One question left. I would like to use kodi-standalone and disable the autostart of LXDE and want have kodi starting automatically. Can you guys tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Christian
Just log out and change the session to kodi - done.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks, worked!
Hello, I want to try this in my Bay trail HTPC, but I'm a noob in linux.
So, if I want the EGL version, ¿In which step I need to begin? ¿Still I need to do the first 5 steps?
Or I start with this:

Install team-kodi build dependencies ppa and the nightly ppa to get my build correctly installed:
Code:
# don't forget the -s for the nightly
sudo apt-add-repository -s ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-ppa-build-depends
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi
you don't need the build-depends ppa, nor do you need build-dep.
This is only required for compiling kodi yourself.

just do:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
(2016-01-30, 10:28)wsnipex Wrote: you don't need the build-depends ppa, nor do you need build-dep.
This is only required for compiling kodi yourself.

just do:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

But I still have to do the steps a, a2, b, c and d before that, right?
Just do all the steps wsnipex mentioned.

The ppa (xbmc-nightly) depends on which Kodi version you will install. As you can guess, if a ppa mentions "nightly" in the name, you will get the nightlies (Kodi 16 RC2). If you want the stable version (Kodi 15.2) you have to install another ppa. See here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...tributions

Inside that, all the ppas which are available and which will get you different versions of Kodi, are mentioned and it's explained how to install them. As you don't want to compile kodi from source, you don't need the build-deps.
Installed Lubuntu 15.10 and /.config/openbox/autostart does not work on my laptop, but it does work when I place autostart in /.config.lxsessions/autostart file.
Does anybody know why openbox method does not work? Where should I dig?
directory permissions of .config/openbox?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-05, 00:04)fritsch Wrote: directory permissions of .config/openbox?
Solved. Was logging in to Lubuntu session, by default. Noticed Kodi software created xbmc.desktop and kodi.desktop sessions by default. What is the point to make Openbox autostart if desktop files already installed in xsessions folder?
Hi, i use ChromeOS with crouton (xenial lxde chroot), i know its not the ideal but for me is eather that or Windows 10 in my chromebox as every other linux distro including openelec/librelec fully hang randomly.

There's no login manager with chroot, when i logout the chroot gets unmounted.
WORKAROUND: use ~/.xinitrc, BUT how can i modify that file to pick up @fritsch autostart script after logged in openbox?

Thanks in advance!

Update: fixed by only adding "exec openbox-session" (without quotes) to the ~/.xinitrc file, nothing else. (Before I used "exec openbox" and that didn't load autostart script)

When I run: sudo xrandr --prop in lxde terminal it displays RGB Full so I guess there's no need to change anything in ~/.config/autostart/LXRandR autostart file in case i just want to run Kodi in LXDE session

BTW I got Kodi to Autostart in LXDE session by creating a Kodi.desktop file:
Code:
sudo nano ~/.config/autostart/Kodi.desktop
Then I added the following:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Kodi
Exec=Kodi
Ctrl+z
Type y and press enter
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more