Kodi can't see ISO on my NAS
I have just picked up an Acer Revo R70 of ebay and loaded KodiBuntu on to it, all good so far.

I then started to add libraries and for some reason I can't see any of the ISO files on my LaCie 2-Big NAS.

If I use UPnP I can't see any of the directories the ISO are in, I can see the other directories with my mkv files and play them fine.

If I use SMB I can see the directories but not the ISO files them selves.

All ISO have been ripped from DVD using CloneDVD, I have hundreds, titles are as per DVD disk title.

i.e 8mm is 8mm.iso, Leon is Leon.iso, etc

I also have a WDTV which can see the ISO and plays them just fine.

I have seen this question before but never an answer.
The UPnP server has to recognize the file type as photo, music or video before it will index and serve it... and I doubt .ISO is a recognized video file format. This used to be a problem with MKV files. Perhaps there's a way to add the file type (and perhaps not).

As for not seeing the files via SMB... you're saying you can't see them even when browsing via videos -> file mode?
(2015-11-11, 12:42)Sunflux Wrote: The UPnP server has to recognize the file type as photo, music or video before it will index and serve it... and I doubt .ISO is a recognized video file format. This used to be a problem with MKV files. Perhaps there's a way to add the file type (and perhaps not).

As for not seeing the files via SMB... you're saying you can't see them even when browsing via videos -> file mode?

That is correct.

Under System->file manager -> UPnP
I can't see the directories

Under System->file manager -> SMB
I can see the directories but there are no files in them.

The same under Video->Files
I use simple solutions. I mount remote shares over NFS.
(2015-11-11, 15:40)Segfault Wrote: I use simple solutions. I mount remote shares over NFS.

I have not seen that option in Kodi HuhHuh?
Whoops - disregard this post.
OK, I have worked out how to access my NAS and have enabled NFS but still no iso access.

Then I think I figured it out and I appear to have access to all my iso files.

You need to set the content of mapped folders to match their content. By default it is None. Changed to movies and it scanned them all and started loaded art.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't see ISO on my NAS0