TMM keeps deleting my trailers and subtitles
TMM seems to have some rules where it deletes (i.e., moves them to .deletedByTMM folder) files with the string "trailer" in it, and also external subtitles if it finds any subtitles encoded in the video. Naturally, these rules are not perfect, and this gets really annoying for me since I tend to intentionally keep multiple trailers and subtitles.

Is there a setting anywhere to stop TMM from automatically deleting anything?

Thanks a lot for this great program, it is really a pleasure to use otherwise.
please send us the logfile (via internal bug reporting) or upload the current somewhere.
Thx
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks for the reply myron - but actually, my perception was that we're not talking about a bug here, but about a feature that just doesn't work in my context, so that I would like to turn it off. Problem is, I don't find the feature described anywhere in the first place, let alone a way to deactivate it. It appears that the behaviour I'm describing would be part of the "rename/cleanup" function.

Still I will try to reproduce the behaviour and to capture a log of it if you think that will help.
Just sent a bug report with log via TMM's bug report feature, with this description:

When using "rename/cleanup" on a movie folder, TMM moves every file with "thumb" or "trailer" in its name from this folder and all of its sub folders to ".deletedByTMM" - which in my case is completely uncalled for. Also, it copies a renamed trailer file just beside the main movie, which is a problem since Kodi does not like to have multiple movie files in the same folder.
Thanks, will have a look.
Something is kinda weird here...
I would like to know the status for this as it is very annoying to deal with.

adding a "feature" without the option to turn on or off seems.... silly..
Well, this is not a feature, nor an option; this is how TMM & Kodi works.

Trailer has always to be named like the video file, plus an added -trailer part, and placed in same directory.
This is how Kodi detects them, and this is how TMM names them (when you choose to rename&cleanup)

We do this by copying it to the new location, and doing a delete afterwards.
(This is why you see it in the .deleted folder; as backup)

For subtitles it's quite the same;
We try to detect the language out of it, and rename them accordingly...

(in 2.7 we fixed many things regarding detection, renamer & extras handling - you might want to try latest prerelease for that)

So whats left?
It seems, we currently cannot handle multiple trailers;
It's not used on any mediacenter i know, and i don't know what to do with a second one...
We need to define some rules for that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM keeps deleting my trailers and subtitles0