Linux Instance Not using NAS MySQL DB
My setup includes 2 Android OS instances of Kodi using a shared MySQL DB located on my NAS. I used the same advancedsettings.xml file from the android instances for an additional Linux based (Ubuntu) box. Unfortunately the Linux box is not syncing watched status/times with the MySQL DB. I'm not sure what could have gone wrong here. I just updated the Linux Kodi version to the latest stable version via the repo. Did I miss a step somewhere?
No Debug Log no help.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have identified the issue.

It appears that since all of my clients except 1 are all using the correct table in MySQL Schema. All other clients are Windows or Android OS's. I found out that the Ubuntu client is running Kodi 14.2 where the Windows and Android clients are running 15.X. It appears that Kodi 14.2 uses the table myvideos90 where Kodi 15.X uses my_videos93. Hence incongruity.

In doing a little research I have seen on the Kodi Linux Download Help page "Note: Although Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is still being maintained by Canonical, Team Kodi no longer provides binaries for it. Kodi v15 for Ubuntu requires at least Ubuntu 14.04/15.04." I was using 12.04 LTS so I have since upgraded my Linux OS and tried to reinstall Kodi from the repo. Unfortunately the new version of Kodi is still 14.2Huh?? Do I really have to change the full operating system away from Ubuntu to Debian/Mint/Arch etc. to get up-to-date versions of Kodi so they will utilize the correct tables in MySQL?

This seems like a really long way to go for something that should be a relatively easy fix. Please advise.
I run Kodi 15.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 - from the PPA. Ubuntu is, if anything, the preferred platform... you're likely to have far more problems with Debian, Mint or Arch from what I've seen on this forum.

Code:
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty
$

Code:
$ apt-cache policy kodi
kodi:
  Installed: 2:15.2~git20151019.1039-final-0trusty
  Candidate: 2:15.2~git20151019.1039-final-0trusty
  Version table:
*** 2:15.2~git20151019.1039-final-0trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$

Check your sources, and check apt-cache policy to see what's available. And make sure you do an apt-get update after any changes.
When I tried sudo apt-get upgrade this morning I saw an error I hadn't seen b4 about a btoken dependency. Was libs2 or something. I ended up fixing that error with a Google search and then update && upgrade and I got Kodi 15. So I'm all good now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Instance Not using NAS MySQL DB0