Peripherals Greyed Out but TV CEC Enabled
Hey guys !!
I've been having a weird issue and couldn't find an answer anywhere.

I have a Vizio smart TV that came with a remote control that has a keyboard on its back side.
I enabled CEC on the TV and on the TV box.
The TV recognizes my TV box and the remote control works fine when navigating through the TV box and in Kodi, however, the keyboard on the back side isn't working at all, not on the TV box and not in Kodi.
I got into the system settings and input devices in Kodi and for some reason the Peripherals is greyed out.

Anyone knows how can I either have the keyboard work and/or have the peripherals enabled inside Kodi ?

Thank you !
G
Whats a TV Box ?
Is it square and black and sits on top of the TV, or is it the box the TV came packaged in ?

Are you sure you are holding the remote control correctly ? Wink Wink Wink

(2015-11-12, 11:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Whats a TV Box ?
Is it square and black and sits on top of the TV, or is it the box the TV came packaged in ?

Are you sure you are holding the remote control correctly ? Wink Wink Wink

Thanks for the response Smile
a TV box is a small square box that runs Android (in my case) with Kodi on it.
Specifically this is my tv box:
http://epictvbox.com/wp-content/uploads/...0_orig.jpg

Remote works fine, the keyboard on it's back doesn't respond at all Sad
That is an AMLogic box.
AMLogic implements HDMI CEC control differently than say than a RPi2 which uses Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC hardware to communicate with the TV.

Once this Hardware is present and the accompanying libCEC software is included in the Kodi distribution your are using, the Peripherals menu becomes active.

No idea about the Keyboard, it will be a Firmware problem that the seller of the device needs to fix. It has nothing to do with HDMI CEC or Peripherals Menu.

(2015-11-13, 04:09)wrxtasy Wrote: That is an AMLogic box.
AMLogic implements HDMI CEC control differently than say than a RPi2 which uses Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC hardware to communicate with the TV.

Once this Hardware is present and the accompanying libCEC software is included in the Kodi distribution your are using, the Peripherals menu becomes active.

No idea about the Keyboard, it will be a Firmware problem that the seller of the device needs to fix. It has nothing to do with HDMI CEC or Peripherals Menu.

I believe the remote control works simply because the TV box recognizes it, however, it is not set up through Peripherals in Kodi because it is greyed out.
How am I able to enable peripherals in Kodi? I tried reading about libCEC and I understand I might be needing the latest one with it which I'm assuming doesn't automatically come with the latest Kodi because I have Isengard 15.1, I couldn't find an explanation on how to get it and install it from Kodi. Or perhaps I'm missing a different solution to enabling the Peripherals.

Thanks a lot !
In Android, cec is handled by the OS, so no configuration possible in Kodi.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure a full keyboard is not handled by cec. It only knows about basic navigation and media keys, afaik.
(2015-11-13, 08:50)Koying Wrote: In Android, cec is handled by the OS, so no configuration possible in Kodi.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure a full keyboard is not handled by cec. It only knows about basic navigation and media keys, afaik.

Mmm, so how would I go about actually enabling the keyboard? I believe it's infra red so BT won't do.
Would getting a Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC adapter enable peripherals in Kodi ?

Thanks Smile
Getting a Flirc would work, although I can't guarantee a Flirc will work with your android box.
(2015-11-13, 09:15)Gaarzen Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 08:50)Koying Wrote: In Android, cec is handled by the OS, so no configuration possible in Kodi.

Mmm, so how would I go about actually enabling the keyboard? I believe it's infra red so BT won't do.
Would getting a Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC adapter enable peripherals in Kodi ?

Thanks Smile
No, I don't know how to explain any better...
Quote:... it will be a Firmware problem that the seller of the device needs to fix. It has nothing to do with HDMI CEC or Peripherals Menu.

New Pulse-Eight Hardware has nothing to do with it all all with your problem. You are completely on the wrong track with this.

Try downloading the Kodi Addon - Keymap Editor and playing around with that to see if any Keystrokes are actually recognised.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Otherwise Buy a FLIRC usb IR dongle and remap that to the IR Keyboard you have. It will work with Android.

Thanks a lot guys ! Keymap editor didn't recognize the keyboard. Sent a message to the guy at Flirc, hoping it'll do the trick Smile
Really appreciate the help !
In case you haven't already, you have to program the Flirc first using their windows app before it actually does anything
(2015-11-15, 03:47)Matt Devo Wrote: In case you haven't already, you have to program the Flirc first using their windows app before it actually does anything

Gotcha !
Still didn't order it, they don't really respond to questions unfortunately :\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Peripherals Greyed Out but TV CEC Enabled0