why is extrafanart so hard to configure
should be simple I think. I would think that if you have all your fanart in the extrafanart folder you could set the movie to scan it locally. but I cannot get any movie to cycle fanart. can someone walk me through how to configure this? if you google this, I cannot find a single tutorial on how to set this up, just a few odds and ends. so far I have tried:

skin settings: general: setup background images:
fanart enabled: movies:
set multi-image background - doesn't work
random movie fanart - nope
random fanart - no

Confused
You need to have extrafanart in the movie folder it belongs to. So in a folder say named Skyfall, you will have you clearart,fanart,logo,banner etc and the folder named extrafanart, which contains the backgrounds pertaining to the move . ie SKYFALL .
Fanart.TV Mod
Extra fanart (wiki)

In your advancedsetttings.xml (if you don't have one you'll have to make one) you'll need the following advancedsettings.xml (wiki) so that Kodi doesn't go into all these extra folders.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
I created an xml file per instructions and put it in the correct folder. nothing happened, I don't know if I am supposed to change any settings to get this to do something?

perhaps this would be easier with pictures! more entertaining anyways.

so here is my folder setup in the movie folder "9".

and the extrafanarts 7 in all:

here is what my screen looks like when I highlight the movie "9". it stays on just this single fanart, and does not cycle through the remaining six:

so to try to fix this I have done the following:

here in the movie I have highlighted the choose art button

gives me the option of choosing fanart or extrafanart (same thing happens whichever I choose):

I can drill down to the extrafanart folder, which would work in theory if I select that folder. but the option to select folder is greyed out. I can only select an individual fanart in the folder which changes the background to that new static fanart.

so lets try to fix it another way.

here if I actually choose the disable fanart option, it actually does cycle fanart: but not the fanart in the "9" folder, it just pulls random fanart from I guess all my extrafanart folders leading to things like this:

yeah, I don't remember that scene.

here if I choose the multi image background option:

I can't get to the extrafanart folder as it just asks me for a specific folder location. the specific location is inside the dang movie folder for whatever movie i'm watching, dummy. there should be a specified folder option here.

changing to random movie fanart or random fanart does nothing.
ok I'm done *whew*

one other thought, per some other threads I have read. is this a problem with artwork downloader/extrafanart? I have it installed but I use mediaeltch to scrape. so most settings are disabled.
I think your set-up is ~ about correct, although in the movie folder you are missing 9-poster.jpg and 9-fanart.jpg, these will show up once you have exported your library to separate files. extrafanart must be supported by your skin, so look in settings>skin>general>use extrafanart once this is toggled, (give a bit of time for the images to be cached) you should start to see the slide show.

To populate your movies with extrafanart, look to the add-on ArtWork Downloader, it not only downloads, but makes the folders too.
Extrafanart support is not in Aeon Nox 5 for Isengard. If you would like extrafanart then update Kodi to Jarvis and use the latest Aeon Nox 5 from GitHub. Extrafanart requires script.toolbox to be installed and you can activate it using the new background button in the side menu for each section. The screenshots you post are for setting up the fallback for when no fanart exists.
AHA! thanx!!!!
works. so happy now. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why is extrafanart so hard to configure0