Recording Time Length Limit on Playback
You really should be able to go forward and backward with remux on, ff and rw don't work great but skip forward and backward should.

Playing recorded tv files with remux off, serverwmc isn't really doing anything - its just handing the path to the recorded tv file to your client kodi. If that is freezing, it either a problem with the kodi client or its a network issue. But its probably not a network problem since remuxed files play smoothly. As a temporarily experiment, try adding your recorded tv folder as a video source to your kodi client, then try to play the wtv files directly from there (bypassing serverwmc/pvr.wmc completely) See if they have this freezing problem.

Since you are running as a service we really need the service log, but the link you posted isn't working
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Try this link for my Service Log: http://pastebin.com/mQuPmTfG

I'm at my wits end. I haven't tried your test of adding it as a video source, I will try that in a little bit. I can stream movies just fine. I never had these freezing issues until I started making changes to get resume and seek working. I was tired of not being able to fast forward through commercials.

Thanks again for your time Krusty.
When I add the recorded folder as a video source I get the same problem. I must have accidentally made a change that is causing this when I was trying to get resume and seek working because prior to doing that recorded videos worked fine with exception to not having resume and only being able to seek by about 30 seconds at most. I guess I could always wipe the PI and reinstall everything if all else fails, but it would be great if I could fix it without having to do that. I have a lot of time invested in things like Channel Logos, Channel Guide, etc.

Kind regards, Ben
Its hard to believe any changes you made related to skip would cause this freezing. If you made these changes to the settings xml file of kodi, just rename the file to keep a copy then restart kodi and it will generate a new one with all defaults values,
I think I might have solved my freezing issue. I unchecked sync back to tv under settings > video. So far it hasn't froze on me, which is already longer than I've been making it before it froze. If this continues to not freeze, I just might have everything working correctly; including, resume and seek.
One quick question off topic of my original post. I installed MCE Buddy to remove commercials. I ran it on a dozen or so recordings and when I try to play those copies it crashes ServerWMC. You ever seen that before? If not, no worries, I'll keep looking into it.

Kind regards, Ben
Glad you made some progress. The problem with wtv files generated by mce buddy is fixed in the pre-release of serverwmc (current version is 1224 available on our download page). You can either wait for us to release it (which I swear is going to be soon), or download the pre-release and see if it solves your problem. If you do the later, let me know here what you find.
After all that work, the issue ended up being on my end. Turns out the cable booster plugin brick had worked its way unplugged causing a weak signal to the tuner card. This makes sense as I was also getting sporadic buffering while watching live T.V. on some channels. The reason my recordings were choppy was because they were recorded with a weak signal. I connected the dots when I saw many warnings in the log saying such and such show wasn't recorded due to weak or no signal. To test my theory I tried watching a very old recording, which worked flawlessly like my movies do. The final fix to get everything up and running with exception to MCE Buddy files was to plugin the booster, reset guisettings.XML, turn off remux all files, reboot client and server. Now, everything seems to be pretty stable. Thanks for all of the help and ideas to try. I learned a few things too. I'm going to try the release you recommended just to see if it fixes MCE Buddy files. I'll let you know how things go. If the MCE issue persists I'll reinstall the version of ServerWMC that I have now and wait for the official new release. Kind regards and thanks again Krusty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording Time Length Limit on Playback0