Win Bring Back Windows XP Support! (Kodi)
People, let´s require to developer´s to bring back the support for Windows XP.

The XP is a reliable system for HTPC, works very well with XBMC and it is lightweight.
In our living room we don´t need a powerful PC, just one that works with KODI, and it is way better than android minipcs. (compatibility)

Nvidia still supports Windows XP.
The new Vulkan will support Windows XP
With Windows XP Embedded, we can have support until 2019.

So, why stop the support?

Please, bring back the support to WXP!
Never!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Go openelec if you really need lightweight.
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation
Another one that points to Openelec, here ;-)
I have a PDP-11 in the garage - can we support that as well? ASCII mode H.264 rendering, perhaps? I'm sure FernetMenta could do it, it can't be hard.

Failing that... yes, use OpenELEC and enjoy the upgrade.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This needs to be ridiculed more...
Cant find a pic with kodi running on my beloved MSX1 ;-))
I have a Sinclair Spectrum and demand kodi support. Come on guys it is the 48k version!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
its funny how even windows 7 ran better then windows xp on a Pentium 4, 3.4 ghz. some people just refuse to upgrade to anything for some sick reason.
@manimpz if you're happy with XP than simply stick to the XBMC/Kodi version compatible with it - there is no need to upgrade. Or do you suggest that we should rip out the new features loads of users benefit from only to become backwards compatible to a OS that is 14 years old?

If you really need one of the new features and don't feel like buying a new OS or Hardware, go OpenElec.
LOL - Any OS is more lightweight that XP... OK, maybe not Vista..

But there is absolutely no logical reason except for "I don't want to change" to maintain XP support.
For that matter, anyone running XP is a fool given the security risks. Win 7, 8, and 10 all run successively 'lighter' and you can still do key things like have it auto login using a default account to make it run "appliance style"
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
XP was a crappy OS for media playback as it was developed before the explosion in digital media.
(2015-11-12, 18:07)manimpz Wrote: People, let´s require to developer´s to bring back the support for Windows XP.

The XP is a reliable system for HTPC, works very well with XBMC and it is lightweight.
In our living room we don´t need a powerful PC, just one that works with KODI, and it is way better than android minipcs. (compatibility)

Nvidia still supports Windows XP.
The new Vulkan will support Windows XP
With Windows XP Embedded, we can have support until 2019.

So, why stop the support?

Please, bring back the support to WXP!

No way!

Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and should be ditched. It is a security basket case now.

Why should anyone write software for this outdated operating system? It has served people well but now it is no longer
fit for purpose.

I have an old Pentium 4 running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Kodi and TVHeadend. It has all the drivers and Ubuntu runs better than Windows XP ever did on it.

Try OpenELEC or a supported Linux Distribution, it may work with your hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bring Back Windows XP Support! (Kodi)0