Command Prompt
Hey there... I'll a little new to the Pi so i'm sorry if this is a daft question, i've been searching for ages..

I'm trying to add a a USB hard drive to my pi...

I'm running OpenElec with Kodi for my media, hooked up to TV on wireless connection..

I can't seem to just see the files, so I think I need to mount the drive. I've seen that you can mount it using command lines..

I just dont know how to access the command prompt! When I boot the Pi it goes straight into Kodi.. If i try and exit kodi it reboots, i've never seen another menu / interface other than the Kodi menu...

I tried to SSH in using Putty but the connection is refused, again i need the command line for this... how do I get to a command prompt??

I can see files when I navigate to the IP on my windows box, that's about it...

Many thanks!!
Ssh is the only way access the command line. Make sure ssh is turned on in openelec settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you... I managed to get to SSH in finally.. though the usual pi : raspberry login details kept saying no to me... i'm re-formatting it today anyway to see if it will help... :-)
(2015-11-13, 11:09)monkeyjamaz Wrote: though the usual pi : raspberry login details kept saying no to me...

I should hope so too, as that's not the username or password for OpenELEC... (root:openelec).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Command Prompt0