Remember view for Video Library Mode
Installed the latest build and saw that the video library was using the same library view as the music section. I have no problems with this change but please add a "Remember View" option.

Right now it forgets the last view mode you selected once you turn off the xbox. So everytime you restart the xbox and goto the Video section you have to choose a library view again. I'd rather it just remember the last one I chose and not have me keep choosing one everytime.

P.S. An option to NOT have it auto add played videos to the library would be nice too

Thanks.
it remembers view modes just like any other section of xbmc.

and i have no idea what you mean with auto adding played videos.
When i am in Library mode it doesn't remember the view mode.

If I pick Library mode, then Title I get all the movies by title. Then if I reboot the xbox and go to My Videos I am asked to select Genres. Title, Year, ... etc. again. It is not remembering that I have selected titles.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
that's not view mode...thats...something else. Remembering view mode is like, showing wide icons, or big icons, or list, and shttp://forum.xbmc.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=125051
Replyo on.
oops, ignore that link, i don't know how that happened
Hehe... well regardless of the vernacular, if the video library mode in the latest build is going to be a permanent change it'd be nice if it'd remember the last category view chosen after I reboot the xbox.

And about the auto-adding of played videos to the library; if you playback a video that isn't in the library once it finishes playing it gets added to the library automatically. It's happened to be multiple times when I was watching a tv-episode and once it's finished playing it gets added the library.
that bug is fixed.
neither the music or video db views remember the last "category" upon a reboot. category being "genre", "title", "artist", etc. it should save the last window (db, or files) and open that if you use the virtual window name.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So does this mean the video nav is going be to a permanent change? If it is will the old window ids be kept (i.e. MyVideoTitle)?
Ofcourse it's permanent.

And no, the old window ids are gone.

If you want it to always open to a particular view, then request it in the ActivateWindow call.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm actually trying to do that, that's why I asked about the window ids. I can't call the view I want though because I want to call the old WINDOW_VIDEO_TITLE window; but windowids 21-25 all link to the main library nav now.

How would I go about jumping directly to a view within the video nav?
Check this thread to find your answer

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25082
hi, xbmc doesnt remember much on reboot apart from volume etc. You could try my ResumeX script and see if that does the trick:
Link:
http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...meX%20v0.4

Thats V.0.4. I am currently doing a complete re-write of this and Xinbox and they should be out in a couple of weeks :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remember view for Video Library Mode0