• 4(current)
Android HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)
(2015-11-15, 21:15)Siewarner Wrote: I will not use netfilx or any other premium apps either. Just been looking at the Q5 but at £100 I am not sure I would be better paying a little more for an ASRock Beebox N3150
You have obviously never run a box with a lean mean slimmed down Kodi distribution on it like OpenELEC. Intel gear like the Chromebox or Braswell microarchitecture will run rings around any Android platform running Kodi.
Heck even my $37 C1+ running OpenELEC would do better than 90% of Android boxes running Android Kodi.

hi
We will update the shortcut key function in x6 pro.support define "red","green","blue" button to"STOP","Audio","Subtitle" in native player and kodi
And add function to support setting the Power Button action.such as: ask me,power off,standby
(2015-11-16, 04:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 21:15)Siewarner Wrote: I will not use netfilx or any other premium apps either. Just been looking at the Q5 but at £100 I am not sure I would be better paying a little more for an ASRock Beebox N3150
You have obviously never run a box with a lean mean slimmed down Kodi distribution on it like OpenELEC. Intel gear like the Chromebox or Braswell microarchitecture will run rings around any Android platform running Kodi.
Heck even my $37 C1+ running OpenELEC would do better than 90% of Android boxes running Android Kodi.

I have had a wetek openelec box but to be honest I was not impressed. I found it slow compared to the cheap M8 box in kodi.

I am still stuck as what to get. Still trying to un brick this M8 lol
(2015-11-16, 07:06)mirror88 Wrote: hi
We will update the shortcut key function in x6 pro.support define "red","green","blue" button to"STOP","Audio","Subtitle" in native player and kodi
And add function to support setting the Power Button action.such as: ask me,power off,standby
All these would be welcome, thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-16, 10:21)Siewarner Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 04:28)wrxtasy Wrote:

I have had a wetek openelec box but to be honest I was not impressed. I found it slow compared to the cheap M8 box in kodi.

The C1+ is a Quad Core AMLogic device. It could be that the Wetek box you used was based around an older single or dual core AMLogic SoC.
(2015-11-16, 17:21)noggin Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 10:21)Siewarner Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 04:28)wrxtasy Wrote: You have obviously never run a box with a lean mean slimmed down Kodi distribution on it like OpenELEC. Intel gear like the Chromebox or Braswell microarchitecture will run rings around any Android platform running Kodi.

The C1+ is a Quad Core AMLogic device. It could be that the Wetek box you used was based around an older single or dual core AMLogic SoC.

Not sure, it was only bought and sold within the last 3 weeks so assume its a current model.

I am about to buy a rpi2 for openelec since I only need the rpi2 itself and a bluetooth adapter to hopefully run my fire tv remote if they work. I have everything else needed already. I may as well give it a go at the price until I decide on something else.
The wetek has this cpu in it AMLogic AML-8726 MX (1.5 GHz Dual Core) with Mali MP400 (Dual Core) and 1gb ram. Not sue how that compares to the rpi2 and slower clock speed. But been reading about over clocking it is possible too.
The WeTek conversation need to be taken to the following thread before this one is hijacked any further...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213747

No need to take it to other thread as not really talking about it. Today I have been poised on the buy now button of the H8 and the C6 as well as the rpi2. Read this thread 3 times now and even though not fully sorted they both should do a better job than my old fire stick and M8 and since the X6 is cheaper I am erring that way currently.
You are likely going about this the wrong way which is a common rookie mistake.
Work out what features are most important to you first and stop looking at tech specs.

3D ?
24p ?
HD Audio ?
Android Apps ?
Amazing Support ?
OpenELEC ?
Deinterlacing Live TV ?

BIG HINT with Android, Cheap does not equal Good. !!
That has been your problem from the beginning.

3D ? Not bothered
24p ? Yes to stop the eye annoying stepping
HD Audio ? Not at all as quite happy with tv speakers via hdmi
Android Apps ? Will never use really. Have used ftp apps but not needed in openelec due to samba out of box.
Amazing Support ? Yes
OpenELEC ? Used it on an rpi first gen plus I only use kodi so ideal
Deinterlacing Live TV ? No Dont use Kodi for live tv. Tried it on wetek and it was a poor experience compared to a dedicated enigma 2 device.

I am not a complete rookie but I am when it comes to all the different formats and codecs etc. From what I can see here the rpi2/openelec is probably the best and cheapest option. I probably would not be considering a new option so soon if I had not have bricked the M8 trying to get openelec on it.

From the sales blurb the the h8 and x6 look like a great option but not so much after reading here. But then again you guys are probably more perfectionists when it comes to kodi, more than the average kodi/fire tv stick/android box user who will just accept the juddery video. My dad never notices it on his fire stick at all.
Quote:Verdict: Not quite ready for mass consumption at this point:
- For 3D, nope; needs work (macroblocking, playback freezing, HD audio pops/crackles)
- For 2D, fairly reliable, but no 23.976 yet (24.00 only)
hdmv says it all right there. I will repeat this again - you are not going to get 24p out of these Rockchip devices until Rockchip actually get of there asses and implement it in the Linux Kernel. End of story.

Its pretty simple in OpenELEC budget land. The RPi2 has the best support and pretty much does anything, all be it a bit slow these days.
The ODROID C1+ is noticeably faster and does 1080p HEVC, with known limitations. I've virtually ironed out all the bugs on this device as well. It runs very well now. Smile
See my signature below if you want a comparison.

I never considered the odroid as not heard of it until I came here. Looks interesting too and if that runs openelec and is faster it may be worth more reading.
Since 24p, support and OpenELEC are priorities, what wrxtasy suggested on a budget. If willing to spend a little more, Chromebox with standalone OpenELEC installed.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-16, 20:19)hdmkv Wrote: Since 24p, support and OpenELEC are priorities, what wrxtasy suggested on a budget. If willing to spend a little more, Chromebox with standalone OpenELEC installed.

I have considered a chromebox but they are not that cheap in the uk from what I can see and need to see which one runs it best so again more research etc.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)3