Shield, Kodi & External USB Drive
Not sure if this is a Shield question, or a Kodi question, but here goes...

I have an Nvidia Shield TV that just arrived today. Eventually, I'll have an NAS for my movie collection, and would like to add an external USB BluRay drive either to the NAS or directly to the Shield. Will the Shield and Kodi recognize the drive and enable me to play disks directly, or must they be ripped as ISOs to the NAS first?

Thanks in advance!
You posted on the nvidia forum too and got a answer there. =) No, the external drive isn´t recognized by the Shield. I would just rip the movies as mkv, not Iso. I´ve read here and there of problems with Iso and Kodi.

Kind regards.
(2015-11-14, 00:49)Aenkor Wrote: You posted on the nvidia forum too and got a answer there. =) No, the external drive isn´t recognized by the Shield. I would just rip the movies as mkv, not Iso. I´ve read here and there of problems with Iso and Kodi.

Kind regards.
Yeah, you never know who's going to be able to answer an unusual question like this first, so I hedged my bets.

So far, I've been very happy with Kodi reading ISOs from my external drive using a Win10 machine. Hopefully that'll be consistent with the Shield. I'm really impressed with the performance of the unit so far. Really smooth, and I'm just getting started. Thanks for your feedback.
No iso problems
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield, Kodi & External USB Drive0