Dual Tuner - Shouldn't be working, but is . . . sort of
Ok, here we go.

I have two boxes, one directly hooked up to the antenna (OTA) via the coax cable, the other simply on the network. Both run Kodi 15.2.

For the longest time, I couldn't record two shows at once--just the one while watching another previously recorded show at most. Then, out of curiosity, I tried tuning in the TV on the network only box. It worked great. For giggles, I tried changing the channel. It worked. This was on Live TV. The channel (live tv) on the main box continued as well. TWO DIFFERENT CHANNELS AT THE SAME TIME?!, I thought. I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA card on the main box.

I tried recording two channels simultaneously again on the main box. It threw some error about there being an error and to check the log for details. Thing is, while I'm somewhat technically minded, I couldn't make head nor tails of the log. I couldn't find the smoking gun. Here's where it gets fun. I set two different channels to record at the same time from the network only box. It took the schedule without throwing an error. So I checked it on the main box; sure enough the box showed me two little red circles--one by each of the shows I was recording. I checked and both shows were there in all their HD glory.

So, the main box, the one I keep hooked up to my TV in the main room, etc., won't let me set two recordings at once while my other machine (still in configuration--things like Steam and other software) will, and its multiple recordings (both while in progress and completed) appear in the main box. The frustration is that I know it can be done now. Can anyone help me out please?

Let me know what you need from me to help you help me. Logs? Sure. From which machine and upon completion of which events/failures?

Thank you all,

MasterGHP
This is NextPVR's "multi-record" feature, which will let you recording/watch multiple channels with only single tuner, as long as they're on the same frequency. It's of limited use in North America, where they don't often transmit multiple decent channels on a single frequency, but very useful in DVB countries where they do. i.e., I can be recording eight DVB-T channels simultaneously with a single tuner.
Thanks for the quick reply, sub3. You've saved me the hassle of trying to configure a second, non-existent tuner. Looks like I'm getting another tuner for Christmas after all.

Kind Regards,

MasterGHP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Tuner - Shouldn't be working, but is . . . sort of0