PseudoTV Live stops playing and jumps to the next channel
Hi, with the latest release of PseudoTV Live, I noticed some unusual behaviour. Whatever I'm watching sometimes will stop playing and skip to the next channel and start playing from the current time, without warning.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with Kodi or PseudoTV Live, because before I updated Kodi a few days ago, this never happened. It's almost as if it has found a corrupt video and because it can't play it it skips to the next channel where it can find something to play.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Dan
I have as well. I know this is the behavior of corrupt or un-reachable files but it seems to happen randomly as well. I'll try to catch it in a log next time I see it.
i have the same issue

channels worked perfectly fine on older pseudo tv live,

but now with the newest it just stops and jump to next channel.
I have had this for a while too on windows but haven't had the time to look into it.
Are you following the instructions found in the FAQ thread?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sorry to resurrect this thread but it sounds like this is exactly like the issue that I've been having for sometime now. With the amount of troubleshooting I've done I'm almost glad to see others were having this problem too as I was running out of ideas. I can't vouch for the others but I have tried everything that was stated in the FAQ that I thought might be related.

Below is my system logs detailing this issue:

http://pastebin.com/WyMeLJ2y

I'm not sure if any of you have been able to fix this on your systems but if you have any ideas of anything to try please let me know. Thanks!
For those who may encounter this issue in the future, I found my own fix - Went for the nuclear option and did a clean install. Copied out my settings2.xml, reinstalled Kodi and PseudoTV Live, and it seemed to fix everything. Guessing that there was some setting or file that the newer versions didn't like that and didn't overwrite when it was installed.
Tongue 
(2016-02-06, 21:55)cult Wrote: For those who may encounter this issue in the future, I found my own fix - Went for the nuclear option and did a clean install. Copied out my settings2.xml, reinstalled Kodi and PseudoTV Live, and it seemed to fix everything. Guessing that there was some setting or file that the newer versions didn't like that and didn't overwrite when it was installed.

"For those who may encounter this issue in the future"... I'd hope you take the time to read the FAQ thread Tongue
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Rainbow 
(2016-02-06, 22:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 21:55)cult Wrote: For those who may encounter this issue in the future, I found my own fix - Went for the nuclear option and did a clean install. Copied out my settings2.xml, reinstalled Kodi and PseudoTV Live, and it seemed to fix everything. Guessing that there was some setting or file that the newer versions didn't like that and didn't overwrite when it was installed.

"For those who may encounter this issue in the future"... I'd hope you take the time to read the FAQ thread Tongue

I did - My symptoms weren't being referenced. Cool

Here's again a repost for what I had posted in the bug report thread a few times over the past few months:

"I'm using PseudoTV Live on the recent 0.7.1b build and I'm having a problem with channels changing on their own. This seems to be affecting both normal video and YouTube channels.

Now I know that commonly this might be seen as this issue:

Quote:Channels change on their own?
PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.

That doesn't appear to be the issue though. All of my channels load great - videos come up and play with no issues. However after about 20 seconds on each channel it automatically changes to the next sequential channel.

With the way this seems to be doing things on its own, I would almost be sure that there is a setting somewhere controlling how this is being done but I can't find it. I've changed a few things in settings just doing some testing but haven't had any change in behavior. Some of the things I've done are:

Modifications to the settings mentioned above from the FAQ
Changed the "Channel Change Delay" from default to 120
Enabled/Disabled the "Enable QuickFlip" setting

Also I've gone through error logs and haven't seen anything glaring along with my videos loading fine otherwise in Kodi so this has me stumped. Here's one thing I've noticed though - I've been a PseudoTV Live user for months and utilized the same settings2.xml for my channels. I've discovered that version 0.6.3.k works perfectly fine with channels with no issues with channels changing. Granted there have been massive changes with the Addon since then but I'm not sure anything would have been modified to have caused this behavior."

This sounds a lot closer to what some of the others in this thread have been experiencing recently, although I could be wrong. In any event, I'd imagine an uninstall/reinstall sometimes could clear up a myriad of issues and a clean install is just another way to eliminate problems. For people who have been running Kodi for awhile - that's not craziness, that's troubleshooting.

Anyway, I'm done talking about this. For those interested in discussing this further, feel free to send me a PM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live stops playing and jumps to the next channel0