No Meta Data
Newbie here. I've gone through some posts but can't find an answer. I'm running Isengard 15.2. I've added some movies and I have The Movie Database and Universal Movie Scraper Enabled but they don't seem to be pulling any meta data and my movies are showing nothing other than the filename. I'd love to give you more info but that's the extent of what I know. I've tried a few different views and nothing. I haven't gotten into using other skins at this point but I assume out of the box it should be showing more than the file name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
There was a change on TMDB recently and our scrapers weren't happy with it.
This has been fixed already and you should get an update automatically (if not disabled) later today.
See the last pages here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228154
Great. Thanks. I'm going to assume it auto updates but I'm running aeon and can't seem to find where to update Kodi. Quick follow-up....i'm on the Aeon skin and I gather if the scrapers aren't working properly then it wouldn't know what is a movie and therefore none of the movies in the library are showing up. They are under video but not movies.
What version or tmdb metadata addon do you have?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
3.8.6. Not sure when the update was supposed to take place but I'm still without movie info.
There is now a 3.8.7, but 3.8.6 should also work. Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:movies are showing nothing other than the filename

That sounds like you're still looking at them through Files mode, as you won't see anything if you're looking at unscraped items through the library view.

Do you have home screen options for either "TV Shows" or "Movies"?
Still no luck. So i've added videos through video then add file. I can see the movies when I go through video - still no metadata though and yes it's file mode. When I go to movies, i'm in the showcase view and none of the movies are showing. Again presumably because it pulls the movies from the video folder but since it's not being scraped properly it doesn't know it's a movie. When I go into TMDB - update is greyed out but as you said, the version I have should still work. I'm going on the assumption here that there is no naming convention or anything else that i have to do. It should all be automated correct? I simply add a folder with movies as i have and the rest should take care of itself.

Oh and greatly appreciate the help here.
Have you scraped?

Yes there is a naming convention, read the wiki.
Okay i've name the folder and files according to the wiki. I've update the add-ons. Not sure how to scrape. I was under the impression it did it automatically. Can you be only so many levels deep? This is what my file structure looks like

Z:\Feature Film\The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014)\The Amazing Spiderman 2.mkv
on standard skin, go into the side menu, choose 'update library'
I've done that. I don't thin it's a library issue. It's a scraping issue. I'm going to reintall and and see if that helps.
Reinstall did it. Asked me what scraper when I added the folder which it didn't before. Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Meta Data0