content type in playlist section
I have stumbled upon something strange in the music playlists node. I am not sure if it is related to the recent changes in the music section. It may well be an older problem.

I noticed a problem with my list view using the wrong layout (which is determined based on content type)

Whenever I go into the "root level" of the music section directly from the home screen, and then go into the "Playlists" node, the content type is correctly set to files. When I open one of the playlists, the content type is correctly set to songs. However, if I then use the back button to return to where I was, the content type of the playlists node (so special://musicplaylists/) is not set to files anymore, causing the wrong layout to be used in my list view.

I have tested this in Confluence as well as my own skin by simply placing this test label in MyMusicNav.xml

Code:
<control type="label">
    <top>100</top>
    <width>300</width>
    <label>testing</label>
    <textcolor>yellow</textcolor>
    <visible>Container.Content(files)</visible>
</control>

Can anyone confirm?
i can confirm.

if you check the behaviour in the video playlist node, content is always set to 'playlists'.
so my guess is the initial content setting to 'files' is incorrect in the music playlists node.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers ronie, mentioned it in the PR on Git.
Just had a quick look, and I don't think this different behaviour from Isengard is due to the more recent changes implemented by me, but probably is the result of the initial change that removed CGUIWindowMusicSongs (PR8011).

When path is "special://musicplaylists/" CGUIWindowMusicNav::GetDirectory sets content to "playlists". However the end result is that the playlist node when entered from above (root) is "files", but we returned to from below (a playlist) is "playlists".

Sounds like Jeroen was not expecting the music playlist node to be "playlists" at all, but Ronie is saying that in video the node is always "playists". That correct?
True, I was expecting files but when ronie mentioned it I remembered the wiki mentioning playlists as a content type in both music and video library.
Guys, I hope it's okay if I post this here. Might be related, might not be but playlist views are in it somehow.

I have a playlist in m3u format in userdata/playlists/mixed. It contains music tracks and music videos.

When I open that playlist through: music library ==> playlists the dialog "scanning media information" is shown and it takes quite a while until the playlist is loaded.

http://pastebin.com/4VcSLn4k

When I open that same playlist through: video library ==> playlists the playlist gets loaded immediately

http://pastebin.com/hqNfPCBa

The dialog "scanning media information" also shows up when I open the titles view of music videos in the music library

http://pastebin.com/Hq6QGU8a

As opposed to

http://pastebin.com/HabJZkAa which is the titles view for music videos in the video library

All other view of music videos in the music library (genres, year, artists, albums, directors, studios) are working as they should. I don't have a video node to test that last view that is offered.

In Isengard this was not the case. Titles view and the mixed playlist were loaded immediately in the music library too. A look into that would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edit: I used this build KodiSetup-20151113-9c7322e-master.exe on windows 7.
@Jeroen, Ronie - is the directionally sensitive slightly inconsistent content setting for music playlist node a problem? I am a bit reluctant to start messing in this area especially on the eve of Jarvis Beta. I know the desire (long term) will be to make music consistent with video etc. So where are we?

@DarkHelmet - have not had time to get into this but my first thoughts... Sounds like Jarvis, unlike Isengard, is processing the tag data on the fly. Music route will do that, video does not. The changes of PR8011 could be contributing, the extra mp4 tag processing could play a part too. I'll make some time to look at it tomorrow.
Personally I don't think the inconsistency between audio and video in this regard is a big deal as there is a trivial workaround for it at skin level. The behaviour as it is right now though I consider to be a bug as the same node behaves differently in two situations, regardless of whether the content type is consistent with video with no workaround that I can think of.

So if this can be remedied "easily" by keeping the inconsistency between video and music for now but making the behaviour itself consistent that would be great. If this has a risk of causing trouble elsewhere, then I'll cope Wink In that case it would be great if it can be considered for a point release though.
(2015-11-15, 11:00)Jeroen Wrote: The behaviour as it is right now though I consider to be a bug as the same node behaves differently in two situations, regardless of whether the content type is consistent with video with no workaround that I can think of.

Had a quick look back at Isengard, and the music playlist node there gets different content setting depending on direction of approach too. It could be called a bug sure, but it is not a new one, or at least an old one that has mutated.

Quote:So if this can be remedied "easily" by keeping the inconsistency between video and music for now but making the behaviour itself consistent that would be great. If this has a risk of causing trouble elsewhere, then I'll cope Wink In that case it would be great if it can be considered for a point release though.

Maybe raise a ticket? I am the new kid remember so not sure how these things are handled. I know it is an issue, but I could end up under a bus tomorrow. Not sure adding comments on merged PRs is a good way either. Kodi must have a system for logging issues where they don't get lost? Then again there are some pretty old tickets!
Fine, I mentioned it there because I thought it might have been related. I'll create a ticket.
@DarkHelmet I had not forgotten your query here about mixed playlist behaviour in Jarvis, but I may not be the man for the job, and this probably isn't the place Smile

I am not absolutely sure - no data, cant't test easily and don't have time to manufacture fake data - but I think that music library will try and scan tag data from mp4 in mixed playlists, but video library does not. It is a change from Isengard. Is it a problem?
No problem Dave. The behaviour in mixed playlists just seem to be a side effect the more i think about it. The odd thing is the files view of music videos when accessed through the music library. I always thought this would be just a shortcut from the music library to a view that's originally part of the video library. Somehow during that shortcut an unnecessary scan of the files seems to be triggered.

It's no really big deal. The user just has to wait some seconds until the scan is done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
content type in playlist section0