XBMC/ Kodi wont start up
I got a Matricom MX2 box been working great for a long time....but all of a sudden I turn it on and I cannot get Kodi to initialize. I click on the XBMC logo as usual and all I get is a big black screen and nothing is happening. I can exit the black screen by clicking the Home button on remote.
Every other app is working just fine (Netflx,etc.) I have no idea why this is happening. I did not messs with any settings....just turned on the box the other night as usual and this is all I can get now: a black screen where Kodi used to be. Kodi working fine on my other devices : pc and tablet.
Any ideas how to get Kodi back on the android box?
Have you tried deleting the app cache and force stopping?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Just tried that....so I get a start screen for a few seconds for the old XBMC....says preparing to run for the first time....then back to black screen.
Trying to install new Kodi from playstore but the staus bar just keeps moving like 20 minutes without completion. I know it cant take that long to install.
I'm wondering did Matricom and Kodi get into a fight or something and now are'nt talking to each other?

Just a thought...but should I see Kodi in my app list ? or is it automatically under xbmc?
You may have no choice but to reinstall. Not sure what's happened there.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Are you sure to check it your box still have space let over in your box?
Should have space. I never added anything to the box except a couple web browsers. Mostly use it to watch some tv shows before bedtime.

when you say reinstall are we talking about xbmc or kodi or both? If I uninstall xbmc do i need to install it again? Or just go straight to a kodi app like I have on my other devices?
(2015-11-15, 01:37)ShavedBeard Wrote: Should have space. I never added anything to the box except a couple web browsers. Mostly use it to watch some tv shows before bedtime.

when you say reinstall are we talking about xbmc or kodi or both? If I uninstall xbmc do i need to install it again? Or just go straight to a kodi app like I have on my other devices?
Xbmc is now called Kodi. You only need Kodi on it. Uninstall xbmc and install kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC/ Kodi wont start up0