Android Kodi crashing, high cpu and video stuttering
Hello,

I have been using kodi for a few weeks now and it worked fine until yesterday. I wanted to watch a movie I've downloaded (1080p) so I put it on a usb flash drive and plugged into the my device (MINIX x8-h plus). The video and audio were out of synch, the video itself was stuttering (more like freezing every 0.5 second) and I was unable to watch it. I've checked the video on my computer and it worked fine.

I tried streaming this same video through one of my addons (a very popular one, that usually works just fine for me) and the same thing happened. I was annoyed and just gave up on watching it.

Today I thought I'll try and see what was the problem. I rebooted the device, plugged in the usb flash drive but kodi froze and the crashed. It kept crashing a few more times, but I did manage to run the video and that same problem is still there.

Here's where I am at now:

- Kodi seems to crash when I have a usb flash drive in it, but not exclusively (I also managed to plug it in for a while without crashing Kodi).

- I went into system info and my CPU usage is just insane. Jumping up and down between ~10% up to ~60 sometimes. That is after I've disable the rss feed in the 'Appearence' settings.

- The program seems to work very bad in general. It freezes sometimes for a while and reacts to button clicks with a two second delay sometimes.

- Some video streams seem to work fine, I've tested only non hd sources.

- This one happens rarely, but sometimes I get a split-second black screen, with a little 'tick' sound, as if an audio cable got disconnected and the reconnected. I am using an HDMI cable though.

- I've looked and the kodi.log file and it only has NOTICE level logs, even after a crash.

- I tried playing that usb flash video through my device, without kodi (using my default video player app) and it worked just fine

I am using the latest Kodi version (from the Play Store) and there are no new system updates for my device. Another thing I've found out is that the video I was attempting to play (though the flash drive) was 23fps. I've tried changing to 'Adjust display refresh rate - always' but it didn't help.

Please help me, I am currently stuck with a non functioning device..

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing, high cpu and video stuttering0