Win How to download metadata for Movies for offline use?
As the title says. I have a Windows 8.1 Mini-desktop that I no longer use as a normal PC, but it has a 2 tb harddrive. So I downloaded Kodi and Im using as a Media PC in the livingroom. However, it only has a Ethernet port for internet, and there is no internet in the Living room, But I do have it in my room.

When the PC is connected to the internet via Ethernet, Kodi downloads all teh Artwork, Plot Information, and all the other information for each movie.

So my question is, IS there a way to permenantly store the Movie Information for offline use so it can be instantly recalled when browsing Movies when there is no internet connection?
It is stored offline,ie on your media pc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Indeed, this already happens. Just disconnect your PC. The artwork should still be there.
(2015-11-15, 09:54)natethomas Wrote: Indeed, this already happens. Just disconnect your PC. The artwork should still be there.

And the Plot Information as well?
(2015-11-15, 16:55)brandonpotter0 Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 09:54)natethomas Wrote: Indeed, this already happens. Just disconnect your PC. The artwork should still be there.

And the Plot Information as well?

Everything will be stored in your database and look no different than when you are online. Now, if you remove your userdata folder, it's all gone. I would recommend you use a media manager such as Ember Media Manager (my preference). This will allow you to scrape all info and artwork and save it next your video files. This will ensure that no matter what happens to kodi, you still have ALL your information/art! Also, you can run the program on your pc that does have interwebs and just copy everything over to your htpc.

*EDIT* - After your movies have all been scraped through Kodi, you can do an export of your library and it should save your art/info. I'm just really anal about how I want my info and an external manager gives much better control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to download metadata for Movies for offline use?0