Bug transparent background of addon icon is ignored and made white
I have been trying to find the correct place where I could post a bug report, and I hope this is ok.

I have programmed several addon scripts and added the shortcuts or buttons to the page containing "Volume", "Keyboard", etc.

The background of these icon is transparent, and this can be verified on the Kodi GUI, but the icons within the Kodi Remote app have a white background.

I also noticed that icons are not refreshed: if the icon of a certain add changes, the old one still remain, not matter if you remove and add again the shortcut.
I would call it a missing behaviour instead of bug... all the images are compressed in jpeg@75% to save space, so the transparency is lost. I'll see if I can detect the png images and then leave them untouched.

If the icon names remain the same then the images are cached for a while. You can force a remote app cache clean by going to the device setting, remote app settings and then enable the "clear cache" option.
I just noticed that the Kodi remote app got updated, followed your instructions about clearing the cache, and got the nice surprise that now the icons appear with the transparent background.
Thank you very much!!!
right! I've changed the compression from jpg to png after your request and I forgot to tell you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
transparent background of addon icon is ignored and made white0