Shoutcast Downloader - concatenate str and int error
I am trying to use the Shoutcast Downloader script on xbmcscripts.
When downloading the first Genre, I have a "cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects.
Then the script stops.

Anyone know the cause of the error. I have altered the Genres and the path.

Thanks!
This error is caused by trying two add two pieces of data together that are different types.

If you enclose the variable(s) causing the error with str() this should resolve the issue although it may cuase another error futher down the line.

Your best best it to try and report the failure to the original author and see if they are willing to fix the problem..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
chunk_1970 Wrote:This error is caused by trying two add two pieces of data together that are different types.

If you enclose the variable(s) causing the error with str() this should resolve the issue although it may cuase another error futher down the line.

Your best best it to try and report the failure to the original author and see if they are willing to fix the problem..

Thanks, the fix got me past that error. It then fails inconsistently with hangs and timeouts in the station update process but with a number of iterations I got a decent station list updated.

quite kludgey but after a number of iterations of hangs, reboots, and swapping the genre listed in default.py I finally got shoutcast to update some stations for various genres. It either hangs or times out after or before the station "pls" list for a particular genre is updated. So give it a number of tries. Once a particular genre is updated simply edit your default.py removing the genre that was updated and replace the text string in default.py for another. Tedious but I think shoutcast is the tits when I've grown bored of my 30G of music.

First I did as you said as there were 3 cases in default.py where str was needed (example line below):
print "bitrate not found: \n" + str(bitrateLine)
I think its a python version issue as somewhere I read newer version is not strict and string gets implied.

It's been quite a while since I tinkered with my dashboard. I used to use pimped edition with a shoutcast script that worked great. If I remember there was no "update" step involved just a long list of shoutcasts. I guess the downside was over time some stations would fizzle and the links would go invalid.

Anywise hope the developer fixes this. My very wild guess is the hanging has to do with station names that don't fit the FATX format but I'm sure I'm no where in the ballbark.

Hope this helps the next guy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shoutcast Downloader - concatenate str and int error0