OFDB scraper
You simply put an url into an .nfo file (It is now to some extent documented on http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nfo). e.g.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333766
or
http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=film&fid=167

The scraper tries to match url's to all scrapers of the content type a dir is set to. E.g. if you set the content type to movies all movie scrapers check the nfo file for a matching url. This means that nfo's override the scraper setting. e.g. A directory is set to use the imdb scraper but you have a german movie in it. Simply create a nfo for that movie with the ofdb link in it and you are sorted!

Concerning your feature request: Why would you want a static feature like this? The nfo feature should do everything you want. I really don't see a need for it.
@DonJ

Thank's for the info and the wiki update, I'm now at the actual state of affairs... (It is easyer than I expected)...

I made the feature request cause - call me a pedant - for example there a still some characters in the plot that shouln't be there (See my older posting in this thread).
With such a file, I could manual edit the plot and fix it.
Cause we have four xboxes in our HomeNet, I've to fix it only once.
That's the reason...
And the file (I wish to have in the movie folder) is at the moment temporary created (by the scraper) and parsed by the aplication. So the aplication only must have a look for the file, use it, or start the scraper.
For a developer who knows the stuff it's only a few lines of code...
And for people who don't like to use it, there are no side effects, no xml file, no problem...

StompSC
StompSC: Correct that it'd only be a few lines of code. Please feel free to do up a patch. The code for loading from XML file is already there (utils/IMDb.cpp).

If you can't do that, or don't have the inclination, you can always export your db, edit the resultant XML file and then reimport.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

morte0815:
I just found some bugs with the ofdb scraper.

1) When the automatic scan for a complete folder is running, afterwards i want to rescan a specific movie (because it was wrongly scanned). But now, when i rescan the correct movie (with manual selection) the Movie Poster (thumbnail) doesn't get updated.
All informations are updated correctly, but the thumbnail remains the same (previous one).

2) On some movies in the description of the movie, there are some strange "square" signs. I think it is because of a carriage-return character in the text .. But it happens only to some movies (example: blood diamond)

3) When i click on the first button (upper left corner) to switch to the cast-view (besetzung / schauspieler) there are no entries .. Are they not fetched also from OFDB ?
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Do you have the latest version from the svn?
If so, then i really have to look into it again Smile
The problem: what skin do you use?
I Know that the cast-not-showing problem occurs if i use clearity. if i switch back to pm3 all works fine.

And the problem with the automatic scans... Isnt a problem of the scraper itself (i think the db is the bad guy here Smile )

Please give me some time for fixing the scraper since i have to learn for my exams these days...

Cheers morte
Yeah, no prob.
I am using standard PMIII skin and the latest SVN (XBMC and OFDB scraper).
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

@jmarshall

You've made the followig changes to the sources:

"added: .nfo parsing can now read xml files of the form outputted by scrapers or export from db."

I've taken a look in the NfoFile.cpp.....Huh

Is it only neccessary to rename the .xml File to .nfo.
So I could use a link in the .nfo file or the .nfo file is a xml file with the movie data. Is this correct.

StompSC

btw: Thanks for spending your time and brain and for changig the code! Nod
.nfo is parsed as an xml file. So rename .xml -> .nfo. The format is identical to that output by the scrapers or by the video db export.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OFDB scraper0