New Script: YouTube2
anywonder Wrote:Thanks for this, I've had troubles with the original Youtube script crashing after playing 2 or 3 videos..

Yeah, that was actually exactly what gave me the motivation to write this new script. I hope to be at par with the features of the old script in the near future, and add a few new ones.
This would probably not be a high-priority, but I present it at least.

I'd like to see a way to "jump" in the video-files, so that you don't have to wait 5 minutes till the part of the video you wanted to see shows up. Like you start the file and with the right thumb-stick push it to the last 3/4 of the video and it starts to buffer from there. This would be especially useful in the svt-script you've made considering the documentaries they show can be an hour long.

My internet connection is crap and always cuts once in a while(despite Telia's "helped" me twice to fix the issue), and when you've watched a documentary for 30 minutes and it suddenly stops, you don't feel like restarting it from the beginning exactly Smile

Anyways, I really appreciate what you've done so far Svensson!!!
gronne Wrote:This would probably not be a high-priority, but I present it at least.

I'd like to see a way to "jump" in the video-files, so that you don't have to wait 5 minutes till the part of the video you wanted to see shows up. Like you start the file and with the right thumb-stick push it to the last 3/4 of the video and it starts to buffer from there. This would be especially useful in the svt-script you've made considering the documentaries they show can be an hour long.

My internet connection is crap and always cuts once in a while(despite Telia's "helped" me twice to fix the issue), and when you've watched a documentary for 30 minutes and it suddenly stops, you don't feel like restarting it from the beginning exactly Smile

Anyways, I really appreciate what you've done so far Svensson!!!

This is a limitation in the libraries that XBMC uses, so nothing that I as a script writer can do anything about. If there is some feature request forum or a bug tracker somewhere you could always try pointing it out there.
Well, I'm pretty sure the now broken googlevideo did it, so it shouldn't be limited, but maybe it works differently.
gronne Wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure the now broken googlevideo did it, so it shouldn't be limited, but maybe it works differently.

The Google Videos script probably didn't play the flash video file like I do with YouTube (it's the only way for YouTube), but instead used the download version (which is mpeg iirc). That of course works much better. I wish there were such an option for YouTube, but there isn't, yet.
I just pushed out a new version, YouTube2 0.92, available at xbmcscripts.

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...be2%200.92
Thanks for the answer! Then I know at least. If you're not interested I absolutely won't bug you, but would you care to look over this possibility in your svt-script?
So what's involved in dealing with the youtube site's adult content query when attmpting to play such tagged videos? I try to watch certain music videos and if you are using the web-browser you'll get a page with a 'confirm' button:

This video may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.

By clicking "Confirm," you are agreeing that all videos flagged by the YouTube community will be viewable by this account.

So of course the old YouTube script would hang at this point as it wouldn't have an exception case for this. Is this something easily added?

Here's a link to a video that spawns the warning (I wish Youtube would use a cookie to prevent us from having to click the the 'Confirm' button everytime):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23If6Sqe-Q
It's easy to support this, and it should be supported. I haven't done it yet because I don't have a YouTube account on my own. Should definatly get one asap and implement this feature, just have to find the time for it too.

If you have any other suggestions for this script then don't be afraid to ask.
gmackenz Wrote:So what's involved in dealing with the youtube site's adult content query when attmpting to play such tagged videos? I try to watch certain music videos and if you are using the web-browser you'll get a page with a 'confirm' button:

This video may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.

By clicking "Confirm," you are agreeing that all videos flagged by the YouTube community will be viewable by this account.

So of course the old YouTube script would hang at this point as it wouldn't have an exception case for this. Is this something easily added?

Here's a link to a video that spawns the warning (I wish Youtube would use a cookie to prevent us from having to click the the 'Confirm' button everytime):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23If6Sqe-Q

Soon in some xbox near you:

Code:
daniel@neurozine:~/devel/xbmc-scripting/Youtube$ python youtube.py
------------------------------------------
Logging in
True
Video Url from filtered Id ('M23If6Sqe-Q')
http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=M23If6Sqe-Q&t=OEgsToPDskK6SZ2C7A12V3-MMNiMT-rv
dsvensson Wrote:Soon in some xbox near you:

Code:
daniel@neurozine:~/devel/xbmc-scripting/Youtube$ python youtube.py
Logging in
True
Video Url from filtered Id ('M23If6Sqe-Q')
http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=M23If6Sqe-Q&t=OEgsToPDskK6SZ2C7A12V3-MMNiMT-rv

So what does this code represent, curious as I am slowly trying to educate myself in coding...Is this the http responses sent by youtube site servers when accessing the link to the video content?

I think there would definitely be a some happy consumers of your script with the additional flexibility to non-standard responses for some video clips on the site.

I'll have to build myself a Hello Kitty skin to celebrate Wink
gmackenz Wrote:So what does this code represent, curious as I am slowly trying to educate myself in coding...Is this the http responses sent by youtube site servers when accessing the link to the video content?
Oh, those '100' prints are just progressbars in my debug version. Just showed the script fetching the video ID you couldn't access before. So now you can login and show otherwise filtered content.
I've also added the posibility to add favorites to the user profile. Unfortunatly for you there is still no GUI components to take advantage of these new features yet (gui code is so so so boring), but I'll try to add it later this week and push out a new version when it's in place.
Anyone having issues with this script and the xTV skin? I can run the script, but I only get a list of videos up, I don't get any options to do a search and so on. If I switch back to the PMIII skin everything works as normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

mj
I haven't tried any other skin. It would be nice if you could check what goes wrong, and perhaps send me a fix.
mjsmyth Wrote:Anyone having issues with this script and the xTV skin? I can run the script, but I only get a list of videos up, I don't get any options to do a search and so on. If I switch back to the PMIII skin everything works as normal.

Oh, and the script is skinnable. Create your own skin in skins/yourskin/skin.xml
I haven't added support for changing skin in the gui or autodetecting skin so you have to change 'default' to whatever you call your skin in load_skin in default.py

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script: YouTube20