Req Remove .nomedia folder items from library.
Sometimes when I add items to my folders, they have Extras, or equivalent, in subfolders. Sometimes I forget to add the requisite .nomedia file to those folders.

When I update my library in Kodi, these Extras are scanned, which scrapes some uninteresting files. I want those files removed from the library.

To do this, I go through the following process:
-Add the .nomedia file to the subfolder
-Rename the "Extras" folder to 'Extras 1",
-Clean the library,
-Go back into the OS file system, and rename "Extras 1" back to "Extras". This last step isn't necessary, but allows for uniformity in my naming convention to "Extras".

What I propose: When cleaning the library, Kodi checks for the .nomedia file. If present, it removes all previously scanned/scraped items in that folder.

Maybe there is a simpler way?

Thanks!

RAE
Yes the simple way to handle this is to use an add-on called 'VideoExtras' available in the official repository as an easy install. As long as the sub folder name is set, it will be ignored. Some skins have incorporated this add-on within, and allow direct access outside of the add-on. I should note, that you need to ensure that a modification to your advancedsettings.xml excludes the 'extras' (case sensitive) folder. Fortunately the author of this plugin/add-on has offered a one time solution in settings, to make the advancedsettings.xml and place the appropriate code inside, and if you already have an advancedsettings.xml file, it just places the code.

This add-on has been a real joy for most, I consider it a 'must have' addition to Kodi. Add-on:VideoExtras (wiki)

I should point out that it is not absolutely necessary to install the add-on (although I would encourage it) you could just alter the advancedsettings.xml file to exclude your sub folders from scanning and listing, and in that regard, the quickest solution would still be; to install the add-on, do the modification and then delete the add-on Sad
Thanks for the tip on the add-on. While that sounds great... I guess I was thinking more generically on the feature, and only using the Extras folder as an example.

Just a simple way to have it remove items from folders that now have the .nomedia file in them, where it wasn't present on a previous scan.
you can exclude stuff via regex: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...romscan.3E

or select the temporary subfolder in Files view select from Context menu "Set Content" then set to none and exclude from scan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove .nomedia folder items from library.0