Sony Bravia Sync with Raspberry Pi 2
Dear Raspberry Community!

I have a big question;
I have a Sony Bravia KDL-42W650A TV, and i want to buy a Raspberry Pi 2 B Smile

When i ask the Sony help about the HDMI-CEC support i got a weird answer;

The answer what confused me:
The Bravia Sync feature is only available for Sony products, although the function is based on the HDMI CEC protocol, but only in support of the Bravia Sync function devices.
The overall HDMI CEC is not supported on the device.

So what?
Can i use my TV remote controler with Raspberry Pi 2 or not :\

Thanks for helping!

Have a nice day!
CEC is a loosely defined spec which allows proprietary commands.
In general manufacturers give CEC a custom name (like Bravia Sync) and only promise that CEC will work with other devices from the same manufacturer.

libcec has a lot of code in to try to handle all the different manufacturers quirks, so if there is any form of CEC, then libcec can normally make some use of it.
Some manufacturers provide a more complete set of standard CEC commands so work better.

In my experience Sony has one of the better supported CEC implementations so I'd expect it to work okay.
I have a Sony Bravia and CEC works great with it. I only had problems when the Pi when into sleep mode but after adjusting some settings it has worked great.
Yes - Sony will only guarantee compatibility with their own products, they don't really have any ability to guarantee compatibility with third parties. However I've had no real problems with a relatively elderly Sony 40W4000 controlling a Pi 2, a Fire TV Stick and an ODroid C1 (with the CEC hardware fix applied)
Pi has a sleep mode?
(2015-11-17, 22:22)joazito Wrote: Pi has a sleep mode?

On some builds (eg. my OpenELEC test builds) there is a "virtual sleep" feature which will power off the HDMI display when the Pi enters the "suspend" state after a configurable period of inactivity.

Obviously the Pi hasn't actually suspended, it's just powered off the HDMI and will power on the HDMI whenever it "wakes" up (ie. the user pushes a button). The important point is that once the HDMI is powered off, the connected display can then enter "eco-mode".

Virtual suspend is not supported in the release version of OpenELEC 6.0, and may also not be supported by other distributions. If you want to power off your display after a period of inactivity, there's a screensaver add-on that should accomplish this.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Sync with Raspberry Pi 20