Too Many Clicks
I've been using Kodi for a month or so and am generally pleased. My one complaint is the long sequences of operations needed to accomplish the common tasks. For example;

1. When I first open the program, I have to click UP to get to TV Shows, DOWN to recently added, RIGHT to Title and finally OK just to get to the list of available shows.

2. If I want to delete a file after watching it I first have to stop the playback (or wait for the junk at the end to finish) then bring up the context menu. I then click UP to get to Manage and OK, UP to Remove from Library and OK, LEFT and OK to confirm and LEFT and OK to delete the file.

There must be a way to setup some of these common commands as macros and connect them to one of the remote buttons. Any guidance would be appreciated
Look at the Keymap Editor add-on. It will allow you to (re-)assign Kodi actions to remote buttons (presuming that the button signals actually reach Kodi via CEC or whatever so it can trigger from them). I don't recall offhand if macros of multiple actions are directly supported, but I think you can assign scripts to buttons and do it that way if not, although you'd have to write the script too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just fyi, removing a file from the library doesn't delete it. If you just want the file to stop being displayed, you could enable Hide Watched, which hides all watched files.
(2015-11-17, 19:49)natethomas Wrote: Just fyi, removing a file from the library doesn't delete it. If you just want the file to stop being displayed, you could enable Hide Watched, which hides all watched files.

or enabled "allow delete" in settings which actually deletes it from disk
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Depending what skin you're using, you could set up shortcuts on your home screen. For example, some skins will allow you to have "TV Shows" on your home screen with a submenu of "recently added, in progress, genres, etc." maybe this is something that you could look into?
You can also tell Kodi, via your skin, what menu item you want to focus on when Kodi starts.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
All of these solutions work.
I use the keymapper app to assign some most-used shortcutsto my fav. key positions. Works great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too Many Clicks0