Jarvis 16 BETA 1
Hey guys, just installed Jarvis B 1 on my devices (Win 10/ Android) and noticed 1 thing.
In Win 10, I can adjust the brightness and contrast but I cannot do the same thing on my android.
The pics on android are so milky looking and since the mentioned adjustment is not working I compensated it on my TV (Vizio)
settings. Just a heads up, I know that it still in BETA.

Thank You Cool
I doubt we can do anything about that as android doesn't support those features
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When I was using KODI 15.2/ 14.2 Helix these adjustments are functional in android just wondering why it's not working on Jarvis B 1.

Thnx Team KODI!!!!
Well, I uninstalled J B 1 and reinstalled Isengard 15.2 on my "Androids" and happy to let everyone knows that "Brightness/Contrast" are working on these version.
If brightness/contrast is of paramount importance to you, you have to disable the "Mediacodec(Surface)" codec, at the cost of loosing non-upscaled 4k.
I would like to try that.
Where can I find that setting ?

Thnx
Hi. Is it not possible to have the surface codec and have control over brightness and contrast? The surface codec works much better with the nexus player at hiding 24p glitches and is generally smoother. I don't know why enabling the surface codec means no brightness or contrast controls.
(2015-11-29, 06:40)Gmjh Wrote: Hi. Is it not possible to have the surface codec and have control over brightness and contrast? The surface codec works much better with the nexus player at hiding 24p glitches and is generally smoother. I don't know why enabling the surface codec means no brightness or contrast controls.

Nope. There is no Android api for that.
There are bazillions of controls on any semi-modern TV's to make the picture looks the way you want, though...
Ok. The trouble is that the surface codec on android makes the video so washed out and lacking in contrast that even with contrast at 100 on my new LG tv it's still a weak washed out picture with blacks still appearing dark blue. Turning down brightness as well just makes it look like a weak washed out picture that's darker.

Even if increasing contrast on the tv worked, it would mean having to turn it down when playing any other app other than kodi them turning it back up again.

Also, it's not possible to increase contrast if you're playing media on a phone or tablet. At least it's not on my two Sony devices.

I did notice though, and maybe this is a bug, that if you increase the zoom ratio from 1.00 to 1.01 on the nexus player the washed out look is removed. No idea why.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16 BETA 10