• 1(current)
Windows 10 Fall update (1511) broke my SMB!!!
So I see there is a ton of people with SMB issues and various solutions, but so far I've found nothing that works for me.

I had a solid SMB share going with my Fire TV version 2. Then the other day, my computer updated to 1511 while I was away, and Kodi was no longer updating my library. I could still play the current files, but anything that was added to my library on my PC was not showing up on Kodi. I removed the sources manually and tried to re-add them.

I got very inconsistent results. Sometimes it would see my workgroup, sometimes I could drill down to the actual folder where my media is located, and sometimes the folder wouldn't even display. Mainly it just gives me an "invalid argument" error. I've tried many different fixes, from killing my homegroup and starting a new one, creating a local account and attempting to access the smb with those credentials, attempting to connect to smb by manually typing in my computer's IP address, editing the registry to increase the memory management, changing the location of my shared media, disabling password protection, disabling my firewall, clearing the application data via the main Fire TV settings.

All of this to no avail. Like I said before, the results are inconsistent, but regardless I have been unable to create a solid smb connection and stream media. It was working fine, and now it's not working at all.

Anyone else having issues after this Windows 10 update?

I apologize if this has already been covered. I've been looking for days online for a solution, I hope I haven't missed it.
I have the exactly same issue. Also on the Fire TV, but Version 1.

The behaviour is really strange. In addition to the things mentioned above: I have been able to play the files without any problems that were already in the Kodi-Library, but I could not scan the shares for new items or manually browse via the "File"-Dialog.

If I'm accessing the share with my Android Phone with the App "File Expert" everything works fine.
I unplugged my Fire for over an hour, and after restarting, I was able to add my whole TV library, but only half (or so) of my movie library. The files played, but it would not sync the rest of the movie library, and wouldn't sync any new files added either. It's like every once in a while I get a glimpse of it working, and then it just starts throwing "invalid argument" messages at me again.
Did a deep clean of my hard drive and registry, rebooted my PC. Windows forced another update on me. Tried adding video sources to a new install of Kodi via SMB. I was able to add my TV source with only one "invalid argument" error, and I was able to add my movie source, although it only showed the first 2 folders inside that source, and threw multiple "invalid arguments" at me. After adding these sources, I attempted (and failed) to update my library. The new "TV" and "Movies" categories were not added to the main Kodi menu.

I hope something turns up that fixes this problem, because it seems like Plex is my only other option, and I HAAAAAATE almost everything about the interface of Plex on Fire TV.
The update reset my share settings, so I had to go in and change the user permissions again and allow then in the advance share settings. Once I did that it was fine.
Uninstalling the Windows november update did nothing to fix this, either.
I have this exact same issue with my Nexus Player. I was pulling my hair out for hours trying to get it working last night and gave up.

It doesn't work from my Android phone either, but Kodi on my laptop has no issue connecting to SMB on my computer. It's definitely something with the Android app.
Anyone know how often the android app gets updated?
I also have the same issues with SMB on my nexus player. The humorous thing is that I downloaded ES explorer, put in the correct credentials and was able to watch any video by selecting Kodi as the app to play it. Every try to navigate ES with NP remote? Blech!!!

I also successfully hooked up Kodi via UPNP, but that is a slow wonky mess. I hope someone figures out what is going on with SAMBA soon!

I will say it was the TH update that broke Kodi, but it does appear that Kodi is the culprit as other android apps can access samba.
FYI: There is also a reddit on this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3...10_folder/

Does anyone know how to enable logging of Kodi on the Fire TV without an Keyboard attached to it?
Tried that fix on reddit, didn't seem to make any difference either.
(2015-11-21, 10:10)bugmenot2015 Wrote: FYI: There is also a reddit on this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3...10_folder/

Does anyone know how to enable logging of Kodi on the Fire TV without an Keyboard attached to it?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Is it the same win10 update that Microsoft just pulled out?
Anyway, will be difficult to check because, unfortunately (?), I cannot upgrade to win10 myself.
(2015-11-25, 08:59)Koying Wrote: Is it the same win10 update that Microsoft just pulled out?
Anyway, will be difficult to check because, unfortunately (?), I cannot upgrade to win10 myself.

My SMB sharing was fine with Kodi for several weeks with the Amazon Fire TV, but the PC that was serving up the content had never been rebooted. Then the Windows 10 fall update (1511) came along, made whatever changes it made, and rebooted my computer into a state that was similar to installing windows for the first time (required some input before it made it all the way to the windows desktop. After that, SMB started having all these issues listed above.
My Nexus Player is able to connect to one of my two computers. All the settings are the same on both, same Windows version with the same latest update. I don't understand why it works with one, but not the other.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Fall update (1511) broke my SMB!!!4